Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish football 19th of march

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Bizarre penalty for Drogs, nothing seemed to happen and the linesman flagged for a free out, but the ref gave a penalty :confused: Then the ref ignored the linesman for a good few minutes before finally consulting him and giving the penalty anyway. Be interesting to see the replay on Monday.

Linesman told the ref it was a peno (it never was though from what I saw). His handling of that whole melee was disasterous to say the least. Then sending kendrick of for what?? Seems ridiculous that Garry Breen playing for Dundalk against Bray gets a yellow for stopping a certain goal, and those two fouls kendrick committed are the same level of illegality. Absolutely bizarre.

The equaliser came as a direct result of Kendrick not being there to head away a ball forward, Robbie martin unfortunately is not the same calibre of defender. Flood deserved to go for a stupid lunge. Crazy game, ref needs to have a good look at his performance.
    CSF wrote: »
    Chuffed, fair play Dundalk.

Who'd have thought after last season that we'd see 'fair play' and Dundalk in the same sentence again. It appears its Drogs who are on a one team mission to destroy the fairplay standings this year. 3 games and 3 reds.

Forgot to add, Oman gave the two fingers to the linesman after the peno, 4th official informed the ref, and he took no action apart from talking to him apparently.......W.T.F.?!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

fh041205 wrote: »
    Linesman told the ref it was a peno (it never was though from what I saw). His handling of that whole melee was disasterous to say the least. Then sending kendrick of for what?? Seems ridiculous that Garry Breen playing for Dundalk against Bray gets a yellow for stopping a certain goal, and those two fouls kendrick committed are the same level of illegality. Absolutely bizarre.
    Reports I've read suggest Powell committed a foul and it was a penalty. Thought the linesman flagged our free but my view of it wasn't great so I'll take your word for it, ridiculous handling by the ref regardless.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

here's Shels -v- Salthill Devon, our second goal, just after half time, was a cracker.

http://vimeo.com/10327971

Reports I've read suggest Powell committed a foul and it was a penalty. Thought the linesman flagged our free but my view of it wasn't great so I'll take your word for it, ridiculous handling by the ref regardless.

Strangely enough thats exactly what I, and most on our side saw. I was shocked the linesman gave the peno. Ones of the lads was down beside him when the ref came over and he apparently told him to give it. Very odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

He held up his fingers to say 2-1 to the Bohs fans

14.jpg

You have to admit it makes a good picture. The chap has been on fire for us so far, and is really wearing his heart on his sleeve sometimes. There have been a couple of occasions where he's tried to get the crowd going, both home and away crowds by the looks of things.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Shocking crowd at the Shams game.

Just the three thousand odd, yeah.

Roll up roll up, collect your three points at Tallaght. Available while stocks last..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Shocking crowd at the Shams game.

I'd say about 3k, despite being a sunny Sunday and clashing with the Liverpool and United game.

Still easily more than a 'good crowd' at yours though.

Although LOI supporters from any club (including Rovers) crowing or gloating about attendances in this league is truly mortifying - a real tuppence versus tuppence halfpenny job.

As for the game, I really enjoyed it. The Liverpool and United one that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Des wrote: »
    here's Shels -v- Salthill Devon, our second goal, just after half time, was a cracker.

http://vimeo.com/10327971

:eek: Never did that when he was with us. Congrats on the win. Hopefully Dinny will come back to us a better player than he was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

:eek: Never did that when he was with us. Congrats on the win. Hopefully Dinny will come back to us a better player than he was.

Nah. Believe me, he's sh1t. Could we have Zayed or O'Neill instead please? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

SantryRed wrote: »
    Nah. Believe me, he's sh1t.

How many times have you seen him play this season? Once!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

How many times have you seen him play this season? Once!?

Three times actually. And all three times he has offered absolutely nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Lost 1-0 to drogs in some cup tonight.

Whatever about Kendricks red on friday he should have walked tonight for a filthy tackle on Byrne. Lucky Byrne got straight up tbh we got a free for it.

Suppose these things work themselves out over a season.

dreamers75 wrote: »

Leinster Senior Cup.

We play the mighty Mons away tomorrow, which will be a terrible attendence (not one bus of fans heading up, and no bus eireann a pain) and no doubt a crap match, but a mon-dog and a couple of pints will make it a nice Tuesday night.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Leinster Senior Cup.

We play the mighty Mons away tomorrow, which will be a terrible attendence (not one bus of fans heading up, and no bus eireann a pain) and no doubt a crap match, but a mon-dog and a couple of pints will make it a nice Tuesday night.:D

It's not the Leinster Senior Gav, think about the team we are playing tomorrow, and then think back to your Geography Lessons.

We are playing Rovers in the LSC, it's the EA Sports League Cup tomorrow.

Des wrote: »
    It's not the Leinster Senior Gav, think about the team we are playing tomorrow, and then think back to your Geography Lessons.

We are playing Rovers in the LSC, it's the EA Sports League Cup tomorrow.

Aw I'm tired lay-off.:D League Cup so, mon-dogs, pints, 20 Shels fans, crap match and most likely pishing rain, gotta love Irish football.:cool:

Whatever about Kendricks red on friday he should have walked tonight for a filthy tackle on Byrne. Lucky Byrne got straight up tbh we got a free for it.

Suppose these things work themselves out over a season.

Would I be right in saying that a red card would carry over into the league? extratime claimed a crowd of around 100 were at the game. I still fail to see the point of reviving this competition. There are too many nagative aspects for me.

I still fail to see the point of reviving this competition. There are too many nagative aspects for me.
    I agree, we're playing in 4 domestic cup competitions at the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

SantryRed wrote: »
    Nah. Believe me, he's sh1t. Could we have Zayed or O'Neill instead please? :D

Eh, NO ;)

• Advertisement

Would I be right in saying that a red card would carry over into the league? extratime claimed a crowd of around 100 were at the game. I still fail to see the point of reviving this competition. There are too many nagative aspects for me.

100 is about right.

Dont see the point of it myself only plus is our A team played and they have no games until april so handy for them i guess?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Did both teams play "A" team players? I know some of the big team's managers said they wouldn't take it seriously.

doncarlos wrote: »
    Did both teams play "A" team players? I know some of the big team's managers said they wouldn't take it seriously.

Pats team was
    Connor !st game for us
    Powderly
    Haverty
    Harney
    Pender
    Cash
    D Doyle
    Sinnot
    Coughlan
    Byrne
    Williams

Drogs

Skinner
    Osbourne
    King
    McNevin
    Mcnally
    O Connor
    Crowley
    Martin
    Fitzpatrick
    Mc Gill X2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Our Reserve and U19 managers are taking charge of the game against Fingal and would say only 1 or 2 of the 1st team squad will feature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

stovelid wrote: »
    Still easily more than a 'good crowd' at yours though.

3000 two weeks actually, or 2852 to be exact.

keep on bull****ting

Bohs out of the Leinster Senior Cup anyway, there goes the season

Bohs out of the Leinster Senior Cup anyway, there goes the season

The wheels are falling off the Bohs bandwagon now. The league is ours to lose!!!! :)

monkey9 wrote: »
    The wheels are falling off the Bohs bandwagon now. The league is ours to lose!!!! :)

We are out too ? :o

:D

We are out too ? :o

:D
    Yeah but the crushing moral damage will result in us scrapping for relegation in the league ;)

Ok ok, Sporting Fingal are gonna race away so!!

I just wanna get these top of the table jibes in while i can, i love these nose bleeds!! :pac:

• Advertisement

A shocking match which ended 1-0 Mons, no more than 60 odd of us there, with about 40 being Shels is my guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

3000 two weeks actually, or 2852 to be exact.

A 'shocking' crowd, in your own words.

Keep up your obsessive vendetta. Although we already have rivals - historical ones that we actually pay attention to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Pats team was
    Connor !st game for us
    Powderly
    Haverty
    Harney
    Pender
    Cash
    D Doyle
    Sinnot
    Coughlan
    Byrne
    Williams

Drogs

Skinner
    Osbourne
    King
    McNevin
    Mcnally
    O Connor
    Crowley
    Martin
    Fitzpatrick
    Mc Gill X2

Drogs had a strong team out. Very strange, Matthews must feel the players need more game time to gel. Can't imagine they are taking this competition seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

stovelid wrote: »
    A 'shocking' crowd, in your own words.

Keep up your obsessive vendetta. Although we already have rivals - historical ones that we actually pay attention to.

Someone attacks his club and when he replies it's because of obsession , riiiiiiiight

doncarlos wrote: »
    Drogs had a strong team out. Very strange, Matthews must feel the players need more game time to gel. Can't imagine they are taking this competition seriously.

Its probably because we don't really have many other players to play. But I suspect you're right about wanting the team to get more game time together. Although I wouldn't say that they really need it, they've played two decent games since UCD.

Advertisement