Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One of the world's toughest MMA fighters

• 19-03-2010 11:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭

Well, feck me, there was me thinking it was Anderson Silva, GSP or maybe even Lyoto.

Guess i was wrong, Bravo reckon it's Tom 'Kong' Watson, as Alex Reid is gonna be facing "One of the worlds toughest fighters" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Tom-Watson-15179

Hardly the can i was expecting though, on a 7 fight win streak

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

That will be a tough fight, i think he'll beat the snot outta Alex Reid to be honest, funny how forgotten Reid is already though!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

Tom has been training out of Jacksons and Tristar for the last while, he has made massive improvements in his game recently, and he is going to butcher Reid...IF the fight goes ahead. I'll be amazed if Reid doesnt demand a rule change to standup only or pull out completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Bad move by Reid. He should stay away from MMA and try focus on TV deals or something. Watson will wreck him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Watson had a great knockout in his last fight, I think it was about a month ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I think we all know that Watson will beat the crap outta him, but i'm amazed how Bravo are marketing this fight, people WILL actually tune in thinking they're seeing Reid take on one of the best MMA fighters out there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

Ive seen this advertised as 'coming soo' on Bravo,anyone know the exact date this is on?
    Just watching this for the sheer spectacle of seeing reid getting KTFO.I dont dislike the lad but hes livign the rockstar lifstyle and apparently hasnt been fully focusing on this fight and i think he needs a beating to show you cant half train at that level if you want to succeed/survive.I thin it will be a wake up call to either drop the lifestyle hes livign with jordan and focus on fighting or get out of there and following acting etc before he gets hurt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

davmol wrote: »
    Ive seen this advertised as 'coming soo' on Bravo,anyone know the exact date this is on?
    Just watching this for the sheer spectacle of seeing reid getting KTFO.I dont dislike the lad but hes livign the rockstar lifstyle and apparently hasnt been fully focusing on this fight and i think he needs a beating to show you cant half train at that level if you want to succeed/survive.I thin it will be a wake up call to either drop the lifestyle hes livign with jordan and focus on fighting or get out of there and following acting etc before he gets hurt.

May 5th, so not as soon as Bravo would have you believe.

Reid is gonna get smashed. The reason they didnt put him against a can is because he IS the can. He hasn't won a fight since Jul2005.. when he gets into th cage that'l be almost 5 years.

I won a fight in school in 6th class more recently than that!

(On a personal level though, i'd like to see him do well. He came across extremely well on CBB and seems like a genuinely nice guy)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭UltimateMale

Reid's an even bigger w@nker than Dan Hardy. Ever see the photo of him dressed as a feckin' drag queen with a fag in his hand ! What a d!ckhead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭cletus

are bravo going to be following reids training, as the ad seems to suggest this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Hopefully it'll be possible to bet on this one. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Reid's an even bigger w@nker than Dan Hardy.

I think he comes accross quite well actually.

Advertisement