Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vented heating to pressurised heating system

• 19-03-2010 11:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

I bought a bungalow about a year ago and had to replumb it, putting in new rads and qualpex piping.

There is inch piping coming from the boiler to the house. 3/4" then runs up the hallway, with 1/2" then coming from this to each of the rads. There are five double rads and five single rads, with an average length of about 1200.

The sitting room is a very big (15 x 30) and I put 2 rads in it, a 1400 and 1800 double rads. These rads are at the end of the line and I am having difficulty heating them fully. Part of the panel remains cold-lukewarm. When I turnoff all the other rads they then heatup fine.

If I move to a pressurised system, will this help solve the problem? Any comments on this are much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

Did you balance the system? is the feed into the water cylinder throttled down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Johnnyr

I have balanced the system, by reducing the flow into all the other rads with the hope that the pressure going to the problem rads would be increased. It wasn't sufficient to make a difference

I'm not sure what you mean by the feed into the water cylinder throttled down. The water from the small holding tank in the attic enters the system at the copper cylinder, where the flow to the cylinder coil enters. Hope that answers your question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

Johnnyr wrote: »
    The water from the small holding tank in the attic enters the system at the copper cylinder, where the flow to the cylinder coil enters. Hope that answers your question.
    The flow to the cylinder coil is a 20mm pipe, it should have a valve on it to reduce its flow, as the rads are 14mm the coil will rob system pressure AFAIK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Johnnyr

I put 20mm gate valves on the flow and return of the cylinder coil, so I will turn back one of these and see what happens.

Any thoughts on the pressurised system macnab?

Advertisement