Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very small funnel - Where from?

Options
  • 19-03-2010 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

I need to get a very small funnel, ones that you'd see being used for baking etc. but i've no idea where to start looking.

I tried Tesco with no luck, just wondering if anyone had any hints or ideas where would be best to luck before I start randomly looking in any shop I pass.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

options in the galway shopping centre should have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Try Woodies in Wellpark or Headford Road, they have some kitchen implements. Options is also a good place.

Or maybe even pharmacies?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Bugger I passed Options yesterday!

Will try there first and try Woodies etc. after that

Cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Xiney wrote: »
    options in the galway shopping centre should have them.

+1

they have loads of baking and kitchen stuff in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Anthony Ryans homewares shop on Lombard St. have this sort of yo-kami-bob. Whatcha making?

'cptr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Ryans. Or Dunnes.

I'd imagine Ryans will be the best bet, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Oh a funnel! I thought you said funeral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Only go to Ryan's Homestore if you can't find it anywhere else, pretty expensive shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭LowOdour

ScumLord wrote: »
    Oh a funnel! I thought you said funeral.
    me too!

Spadina wrote: »
    Only go to Ryan's Homestore if you can't find it anywhere else, pretty expensive shop.

Yeah, Ryans would be my next stop after Options though if I didn't want to mess around trying every other last shop in the area. How much could they possibly charge for a small funnel anyway? (I doubt I want the answer to that question, frankly...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

possibly tommy vardens across form the fire station if their still open??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

If its only for a one-off purpose, and for solids, I'd use a bit of paper made into a cone, or a small-necked bottle with the bottom cut off

[edit]or for liquids you could cut the corner off a plastic bag

JohnCleary wrote: »
    I need to get a very small funnel, ones that you'd see being used for baking etc. but i've no idea where to start looking.

I tried Tesco with no luck, just wondering if anyone had any hints or ideas where would be best to luck before I start randomly looking in any shop I pass.

Cheers

Maybe try Duffy's on mainguard street. They might sell them for filling hipflasks. I'm going to hazzard a guess thats exactly what you want it for :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Xiney wrote: »
    Yeah, Ryans would be my next stop after Options though if I didn't want to mess around trying every other last shop in the area. How much could they possibly charge for a small funnel anyway? (I doubt I want the answer to that question, frankly...)

Put it this way, I was looking for a cake board and the one I wanted was 4.99 in Ryan's, got it for 2.15 in another shop.

yeah, if you know for sure you can get it elsewhere or if you're buying something expensive-ish.

But otherwise, you're wasting your time over less than 3 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

What diameter does the end of the funnel need to be, what do you want to put through it, and what kind of quantity do you want to put through it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

The doomsday device takes another baby step towards realization.

The end is nigh...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Euro 2 have some kitchen stuff, I think Eglington St usually have a better range.

Dunno if it's nuclear-reactor grade though.

Thank's a lot for all the suggestions, and a bit of a laugh too :D ... The doomsday device is making nice progress

It's actually for topping up supercharger and gear oil on a machine, since both are topped up from above, gravity does all the messy work, I just needed a small funnel to get into the top up hole.

Got sorted in Options in the end, many thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Thank's a lot for all the suggestions, and a bit of a laugh too :D ... The doomsday device is making nice progress

It's actually for topping up supercharger and gear oil on a machine, since both are topped up from above, gravity does all the messy work, I just needed a small funnel to get into the top up hole.

Got sorted in Options in the end, many thanks :)
    JohnCleary, I was very worried when I read how you needed a baking funnel. However you have redeemed yourself successfully :D

• Advertisement

martyboy48 wrote: »
    JohnCleary, I was very worried when I read how you needed a baking funnel. However you have redeemed yourself successfully :D

:D I'm actually baking a cake just needed a nice cover up!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭tootired

Spadina wrote: »
    Put it this way, I was looking for a cake board and the one I wanted was 4.99 in Ryan's, got it for 2.15 in another shop.

Hi S what size was the cake board and what was the other shop? I usually get all my cake stuff on line, but the postage of cake boards is very pricey from the UK.

Advertisement