Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Traditional Irish" places to eat in City Center?

Options
  • 19-03-2010 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭

Hello everybody,

Got some friends visiting over the week end; They asked me if there was any "traditional Irish" place to have dinner tonight. Turns out that all the places I like the most ain't too traditional; Perhaps Larry Tompkins on the Lavitts being the closest thing to "tradition". Any suggestion? (must stay in the city)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Market Lane, thats the name of the place:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Lol, thanks...starting to make a list. Any idea about the prices? I forgot to mention that they are actually students and don't want to spend a small fortune (and me neither honestly, gotta pay the rent :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

Kelly's at the top of Oliver Plunkett St. Next to Casey's furniture shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

+1 for Market Lane. and you can get a €20 early bird special.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

I think there's a new place after opening on a lane down Patrick St. It's called Shebín Cuisine or something like that. They only do traditional Irish food so I'd say it's a good enough punt, it's cheap enough aswell.

• Advertisement
Advertisement