Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Cat - Have you ever found your lost cat?

Options
  • 19-03-2010 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I've had an outdoor cat for two years now, who I take inside at night. Sometimes she goes away during the day for a few hours but she always comes when called. Yesterday I called her and she didn't come, and she didn't come home during the night. I searched everywhere for her this morning, asked all the neighbours, checked the roads, nothing. I live in a rural area so I don't know where she could have gone. I'm really worried now. Has anyone had a cat go missing and come back?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Just a quick apology for having to wait a while for thread approval - I was afk.

Have you had any luck in locating her?
    A good idea would be to call your local vets/pounds/shelters see if anyones left her in.
    And I'd suggest doing up fliers and putting them around your area (if that's allowed), in local shops and even give the local garda station a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

It's normal for cats to go missing for a few days. Mine once went off for 4 days.

Maybe try and call her again later on, squeak her favourite toy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Been running Lost and Found Pets Ireland for about 10 months now and have seen quite a few cats reunited both with and without human assistance.

One of these drew some national media attention to the site - http://www.independent.ie/national-news/website-aims-to-help-find-lost-pets-2008187.html - don't give up hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

my cat went missing for 2 weeks,we thought she had been killed,she returned home with a terrible limp and a tail not working,we figure she got hit my car then went off somewhere to hide,and those ppl went on hols for 2 weeks locking her in.i was fully sure she was dead. she is fine and dandy now,a very fat cat :D tail working and all so it can happen they can return!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

Is she neutered? She could just be looking for boy cats if she isn't.

I've had cats (male and female) go missing for days, weeks, even three months, and still returned! My kitten recently went missing for 4 days, she was just up the road but couldn't find her way home. We put up posters (with a pic) in supermarkets and places, and somebody saw it and called us. So I'd definitely suggest putting up posters.

I really hope she comes home. Try not to worry too much, cats do this all the time, I hope she's ok though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement