Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defoe Injured

Options
  • 19-03-2010 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Rumours are rife that JD has torn his hamstring in training :(. Out for a few weeks at least. Will post a link when I see one. Headline appearing on Football365, but no story attached as of yet.

We can call Robbie back easy enough if this is true, yeah?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

If it's possible I'd call back Robbie immediately

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭golfball37

Its been confirmed by Harry, can we merge the 2 threads?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭thudd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

i think gudjohnson should start with pav, when pav played with crouch against fulham they were terrible together.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

FFS, what crap timing. So we're without Defoe, Thudd, and Lennon? I hope he's back in time for our tough run in April!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Bring robbie back asap IMO.

The idea of pav and crouch up front worries me

tomorrow will prb be

gomes
    corluka-dawson-bassong-ekotto
    niko-wilson-luca-bale
    pav-crouch

i still think we will win, next week jenas, huddlestone and bentley are back so we will be better off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

apparently he'll be back by mid-April - fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

That's a bit of a disaster for us:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

apparently he'll be back by mid-April - fingers crossed

If its a bad tear, we will be lucky to have him back by mid april. He will hopefully be fit for the cup final ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Ah shít. Robbie can stay where he is though. He's not the answer.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

el diablo wrote: »
    do u think crouch is?

keane=cock wrote: »
    do u think crouch is?
    No, we don't have a decent replacement for him. How has Gudjonsen done recently when he's come on?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

He may not be the answer but he should be recalled, even to have as an option on the bench, with so many important games coming up we need all the fit players we have. I think he did go way off the boil but is in good form in the Mickey Mouse league, so worth recalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

No, we don't have a decent replacement for him. How has Gudjonsen done recently when he's come on?
    Gudjonson has done nothing when he has came on for us so far,so who do you think is he answer ?
    :rolleyes:bring back Robbie I say If it's possible.

gudjohnson has only had a few mins here and there and has looked very tidy in my opinion. he would link up well with pav, he is an intelligent player

We will see,

I would take RK over EG anyday.

ziedth wrote: »
    We will see,

I would take RK over EG anyday.
    Not sure, Eidur played well today though from what I heard. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Keane says he'll definetly be back this summer because he misses the tea lady's :pac:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11675_6044582,00.html
    Robbie Keane insists he will return to Tottenham in the summer when his loan deal with Celtic concludes.
    The Republic of Ireland international sealed a shock loan switch to Parkhead on the final day of the transfer window and has impressed in his time in the SPL.
    Celtic boss Tony Mowbrayspacer.gif is known to be keen on an extended stay, but admits the Bhoys cannot afford a permanent deal.
    White Hart Lane manager Harry Redknappspacer.gif sees the talented striker as part of his long-term plans and has ruled out a further loan spell.
    And the well-travelled forward has now confirmed that he will be packing his bags and heading back to North London at the end of the campaign.
    Friends

Keanespacer.gif said: "I've got a three-year contract at Tottenham so I will go back there in the summer.
    "It's just a loan move and always has been.
    "I've got a lot of friends down at Tottenham and I miss the lads - I speak to them all the time and they are doing well at the moment.
    "I also miss the tea ladies - they are very good down there!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

celtic's tea ladies are being transfer listed

• Advertisement

Ha ha,

Priceless statement in fairness. If pav is out for April I think we should def recall him.

ziedth wrote: »
    Ha ha,

Priceless statement in fairness. If pav is out for April I think we should def recall him.
    Apparently we can't recall him if he's on loan in a different country.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Leave keane where he is, he was brutal all season and knocking in a few goals past the pub league clubs of the spl doesnt change that.

Advertisement