Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sabbath have lost the plot ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

1268997644312-xcie8rpn161i-500-90-500-70.jpg

Needs Pinarello forks to complete the "pre-crashed" look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Lumen wrote: »
    1268997644312-xcie8rpn161i-500-90-500-70.jpg

Needs Pinarello forks to complete the "pre-crashed" look.

It just looks stupid. Awful colour scheme too, looks very "shack-tastic".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

1268997644305-143wy3u8rp8bg-500-90-500-70.jpg

buh?

Look596-TRI-RED.jpg+4351-1-6007.jpg+5z1mv4.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

That Look is a lovely bike. That sort of swoop shape on the Wilier works in carbon. Not in titanium. They are a monstrosity. The down tube on the one Tom linked just looks bent. What is the aim with this?

• Advertisement

blorg wrote: »
    That Look is a lovely bike.

Look admitted that the bent top tube serves absolutely no functional purpose, which I find slightly irritating.

They could at least have made something up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

Bikeradar said it would divide opinions ... WRONG !!

We all think its crap ! :D

reminds me of :

pennyfarthingquax.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Looks like one was hit from behind and the other crashed into a wall.

Sabbath were on my list of potential sources for my next bike - hopefully this means their 2009 models will drop significantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

What a disaster. Ugly, ungainly, heavy looking crap. I think they have screwed up big time. Who on earth would spend their money on something so ugly? I bet I will never see someone riding one of these things.
    Sabbath wrote: »
    ...'New Wave' cold working process, which has allowed them to use thinner tube walls and create larger weld areas without heat damage, resulting in lower weights and increased stiffness

So just build a nice looking, lighter and stiff bike? A Lynskey Helix frame is £1k cheaper than that Silk Emperor. I know what I'd buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭dave.obrien

There was a Cube bike brought into Wheelworx when I was there a while back, a guy from Donegal had crashed into a car that stopped dead on an empty roundabout, so he ploughed into it at 35km/h. The top tube and downtube were buckled in 2 places, no cracks, kind of like those bikes. It actually looked quite cool... Interestingly, he rang CRC where he bought it, and they were not offering any service or help, not so much as a contact for Cube in Germany (I think that's where they're from...). Very surprising, as my experience with CRC has been great, but there you go. Think Wheelworx managed to salvage most of the groupset for him anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭furiousox

Re: Sabbath have lost the plot?

They haven't been the same since Ozzy left....:pac:

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Interestingly, he rang CRC where he bought it, and they were not offering any service or help, not so much as a contact for Cube in Germany (I think that's where they're from...). Very surprising, as my experience with CRC has been great, but there you go.
    For what it's worth I had a pretty similar experience with CRC when I crashed a bike I had bought from them. Other than that one time I have had good experience with them including warranty returns.

Advertisement