Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

travel sickness in Dogs

Options
  • 19-03-2010 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭

HI Guys
    Was just wondering if the vet can prescribe something to give a rottie pup who suffers from very bad travel sickness, I know most people say it just a matter of the dog getting used to travelling in the car but this is going on 3 months now and she is still no better,I have been bringing her out in the car 3 or 4 times a week to get used to it and i always bring her to "fun places" so she will associate going in the car to somewhere fun and not somewhere like the vets. I had her out on Sun and she got sick 3 times in the space of 40 mins and I stopped twice (thats why the journey took so long!!)I make sure she is not fed for at least 2 hours before we go.I have tried putting her in the boot, the back, the front passenger seat
    so far the front seat is working out best, any advice will be much appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Just a quick apology for having to wait so long for thread approval - I was afk.

Regarding your dog getting sick, what age is your pup now?
    Also do you make sure you bring her out the back for her business etc before she goes? I see you said that you don't feed her 2hours before you go, that's a good idea too. My older dog tends to get car sick, she works herself up sometimes (even though we've gone lots of nice places in the car) and can be sick. Have you put your pup in a travel cage thing? so that she feels secure?

Another thing people have said is gingernut biscuits, a little bit before you travel should help their stomach.

Advertisement