Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Riello Burner Photocell problem

• 19-03-2010 1:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

My 18 month old Firebird boiler is acting up.

Symptoms: Boiler fires for 3 seconds every 8 seconds.

As found: no lock outs active, photocell has a hard yellow/brown varnish-like coating that can only be removed by scraping.

Result: Boiler then fires correctly for anywhere from 2 hours to 7 days, after which the exact symptoms will reoccur.

Local checks: Half tank of Kero at least, air damper set to 6, no obvious leaks. Fuel consumption seems OK

Details: Its a Riello burner in an outdoor housing, condenser boiler.

I am in bed with a chest infection so I cant afford to spend hours bent over this thing, so any help you guys can give me would be great.
    I am a time served Fitter with a few Engineering certs so get as technical as you like. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Could be the photocell. When was the last time it was serviced?

My money is on a fuel problem, ensure fire valve is fully open, reverse thread so on is off and off is on, if it you get me. Change jet(may be partically blocked/old) in burner with exact replacement. Air intake maybe a bit high but shouldn't effect firing too much.

Jet is about €8 and photocell around €15, incase it is photocell.

Advertisement