Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fulham

• 19-03-2010 1:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,724 ✭✭✭✭

just a quick post to congratulate Fulham on last nights win - it was great to see a small team playing with such heart and brought back memories to when Europe seamed so special in particular for smaller clubs - just proves to the likes of Stoke that football can be played in the right manner and still be passionate.
    Refreshing viewing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Indeed, congrats to Fulham and Roy Hodgson in particular, how far he has brought them in so little time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Already been done!

But I'm glad you posted this. They are unjinxed now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,724 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

SantryRed wrote: »
    Already been done!

But I'm glad you posted this. They are unjinxed now.

woops, i checked and didn't see anything - really enjoyed the match and thought it worth a mention -- Demseys goal was a gem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

haha jus checked mufc channel on sky.
    bit of bad form showing the fulham match at home this season where we kicked their asses around OT. a bad attempt at taking away their thunder?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭jaykay74

mrDerek wrote: »
    haha jus checked mufc channel on sky.
    bit of bad form showing the fulham match at home this season where we kicked their asses around OT. a bad attempt at taking away their thunder?

Hardly, it was the Utd game last weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Fairplay to them indeed, major influx of Fulham jerseys on the streets of Ireland methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Fairplay to them indeed, major influx of Fulham jerseys on the streets of Ireland methinks.

Seriously Gav, even I get sick of this barstooler sh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

well, he is right you know...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

Great win!! all credit to Fulham and hodgson.
    If Messi or Rooney had scored Dempseys goal it would be all over the paper-net-tv.... it was a great goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

well, he is right you know...:rolleyes:
    Well when his team start playing better football and getting a bit of sucess he can expect to see a "major influx of "Shels" jerseys on the streets of Ireland" :rolleyes:

Anyway fairplay to Hodgson and Fulham, he's working wonders there. But the most important thing for Fulham is that he's not getting carried away with Europe, they're still doing well in the League. To think that he wanted the Irish job and he wasn't even considered at the time. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,807 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Great win!! all credit to Fulham and hodgson.
    If Messi or Rooney had scored Dempseys goal it would be all over the paper-net-tv.... it was a great goal

Great point.........

Fair play to Fulham, unbelievable result given the background to the match...........

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Was stunned to hear that news this morning. They were a goal down when I had last heard and I assumed that's that.

Great to see players not giving up and reaping the rewards. Fair play to them. That's what football is all about, and it'll go down in their history as a great achievement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

I've been following fulham this season, because of Duff going there mainly. Followed Chelsea for a while when he played for them.
    Last season I followed Sunderland because of the irish connections.
    [I don't wear soccer jerseys though]
    Who cares. Fan-snobbery is silly. I'm not bothered if other people are bigger fans of a foreign company than I am of a different foreign company.
    [though I don't describe myself as a "fan" anyway...just take a casual interest]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Very refreshing to see a great old club like Fulham doing so well in Europe, sick of seeing the same 4 English clubs getting all the attention, Hodgson really has turned up some roots there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Fair play to Fulham. I've a lot of respect for Roy Hodgson. Its nice to see theres a bit of Irish interest there with Duffer and Stephen Kelly too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Bump.

Another win for Fulham tonight. They conceded a late away goal, but still a great result for them. They make me feel warm and fuzzy inside :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Fair play to them, playing serious stuff in Europe. Think that late goal could come back to haunt them though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Shame about the away goal. I think that could be a real killer for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

As someone said on the BBC, they committed the same fatal error Everton did, coughing up a late away goal from a comfortable position. Reckon they'll go out now, which is shame, I wanted them to go all the way.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I do not think they are out of it. They are well capable of putting in a good performance away from home. Should be a very close game I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

they are capable of getting a result in Germany, but their chances have been seriously damaged by that lapse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭CSF

They're going out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

CSF wrote: »
    They're going out.

They're in the lead. Way too premature to say they're going out. Don't know what the odds are in the bookies but they should be near evs. They have every chance to get a draw or a score loss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

West Ham have lodged a complaint with the Premier League about Fulham's team selection against Hull.

Didn't see the game myself? Was it a really weak team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Morzadec wrote: »
    They're in the lead. Way too premature to say they're going out. Don't know what the odds are in the bookies but they should be near evs. They have every chance to get a draw or a score loss

Problem is that Fulham are diabolical away from home. Obviously they're not completely out of it but I'd have to have Wolfsburg as favourites to qualify.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

carlop wrote: »
    Problem is that Fulham are diabolical away from home.
    No they're not. They got a fantastic result away to Shaktar which any team in the world would have had difficulty doing. They also got a result away to Basil when they needed it. They know how to perform away in Europe, they'll have no fear about this task.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Pro. F wrote: »
    No they're not. They got a fantastic result away to Shaktar which any team in the world would have had difficulty doing. They also got a result away to Basil when they needed it. They know how to perform away in Europe, they'll have no fear about this task.

Diabolical may have been an exaggeration, but looking at their league form they've lost 9 times away from home, drawn 6 and won just once. Their result against Shakhtar was very impressive, but I still think it's fair to say they are nowhere near the same team away that they are at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

carlop wrote: »
    Diabolical may have been an exaggeration, but looking at their league form they've lost 9 times away from home, drawn 6 and won just once. Their result against Shakhtar was very impressive, but I still think it's fair to say they are nowhere near the same team away that they are at home.

I know what you mean about their away league form, tis muck. They're just an altogether different animal in Europe though. I'd slightly favour them to go through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Morzadec wrote: »
    Its 5/6 for both teams to go true. A trip to Wolfsburg is gonna be 1 scalp too many for them. 2 nil and they'd be in with a good chance, but realistically I'd be very shocked if they came away from Wolfsburg with a result. They made it past Juventus based on an amazing home result, they haven't this luxury this time around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Good result , Last minute away goal was a sickner , But hopefully they can finish the job over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

CSF wrote: »
    Its 5/6 for both teams to go true. A trip to Wolfsburg is gonna be 1 scalp too many for them. 2 nil and they'd be in with a good chance, but realistically I'd be very shocked if they came away from Wolfsburg with a result. They made it past Juventus based on an amazing home result, they haven't this luxury this time around.

I wouldn't bet on either team I think it's tough to call. For what it's worth I would give Wolfsburg the edge but 5/6 isn't a particularly attractive price.

I think Wolfsburg will probably do it but I definitely wouldn't write off Fulham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Wolfsburg are doing much better away from home than at home in the Bundesliga this year. 12th best home record and 3rd best away. So Fulham shouldn't be afraid.

If they go there and defend though they could be in trouble because Wolfsburg have scored the 2nd most goals in the Bundesliga when playing at home. However they have conceded more goals than any other German team in the whole league at home which is pretty shocking defending! Fulham should attack them.

Advertisement