Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOE Easter courses

Options
  • 19-03-2010 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hey :)
    I'm planning on doing these courses for English, German and Applied Maths.
    I've heard the English is amazing, but does anyone know if the other two will be worth the money?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

dairemcq wrote: »
    Hey :)
    I'm planning on doing these courses for English, German and Applied Maths.
    I've heard the English is amazing, but does anyone know if the other two will be worth the money?
    Thanks

Yeah ive english booked too. Heard from a girl in my year one of the english chaps writes the lc books & hes brilliant. But i duno if theres going to be a few different ones depending on the time we select..

Ment to be wayy overpriced but well worth it if your willing to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

i had the german teacher for three years and for grinds, shes amazing but flies through the stuff so make sure you're wide awake! if you need help with any particular thing go up to her at the end of the class she will go out of her way to help you, what english teacher are you doing the grinds with?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭leg

Im doing english, irish, chemistry and biology hopefully they'll be good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I'm doing english aswel, i'll see you all there! Also doing french and business. Did it for third year and thought it was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

Is anyone doing French and Biology in the first week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

kev9100 wrote: »

Doing french.:)

I have English second class, Business third and then French last. I decided to give myself the morning off :) Not sure what times as I havn't got them infront of me but it's the first week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

I have English second class, Business third and then French last. I decided to give myself the morning off :) Not sure what times as I havn't got them infront of me but it's the first week.
    How do they work the english? Is it per section e.g. 300 for drama, 300 for paper 1? I doubt they do all four do they?

theowen wrote: »
    How do they work the english? Is it per section e.g. 300 for drama, 300 for paper 1? I doubt they do all four do they?

As in what do they cover in the course? It says in the booklet they do comprehending and composing, King Lear, some poets and some comparative work. I doubt they'll cover the whole course with everyone studying different things but they'll show you how to answer questions and things like that. What so you mean by 300?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

kev9100 wrote: »

Biology! I've always been an A1 student but I got a bit of a shock in the mocks... My teacher is fairly awful and I need an A1, so hoping that this course will help! Did Chemistry at Christmas and it was unreal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭irish_man

hi
    I did the Christmas revision course
    I did physics (both parts) Irish and business (B)

I would highly recommend any of the subjects i did
    they make me think I could get a A1 in all three
    even though that's probably not going to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I will be doing English and I may do Geography aswell.

Irishman was both parts of Physics charged separately or included in the price

unknown13 wrote: »
    I will be doing English and I may do Geography aswell.

Irishman was both parts of Physics charged separately or included in the price

well physics was divided into two so i had to pay seperately for both section for A and B
    it was the price of two subjects

As in what do they cover in the course? It says in the booklet they do comprehending and composing, King Lear, some poets and some comparative work. I doubt they'll cover the whole course with everyone studying different things but they'll show you how to answer questions and things like that. What so you mean by 300?
    I meant 300 euro:rolleyes:

I meant 300 euro:rolleyes:

Oh right, sorry. It's €275 for one subject. If you were to do English then you would cover comprenhending and composing, King Lear, poems from the 8 poets and a selection of texts for the comparative study. That's what it says in the booklet anyway and it's covered in 5 classes, all together thats €275. Although some subects (like Business and Chemistry) have two sections so you'd have to pay for both separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Weedikins

Might be worth asking if the revision course teachers are full-time with the Inst or just brought in for your course. Those who teach the day-course students are excellent.

Weedikins wrote: »
    Might be worth asking if the revision course teachers are full-time with the Inst or just brought in for your course. Those who teach the day-course students are excellent.
    It's a mix as far as I know.

What did everyone think of it? It was packed but I thought the teachers and notes were amazing :)

What did everyone think of it? It was packed but I thought the teachers and notes were amazing :)
    What teacher did ye have?

What teacher did ye have?

Cathy Sweeny for English, Corinne Gavenda for French and William Murphy for Business.

• Advertisement

Cathy Sweeny for English, Corinne Gavenda for French and William Murphy for Business.

I had Willie Murphy for business.
    I liked him. It was good the way he called you sir!
    and the female pronouns!

irish_man wrote: »
    and the female pronouns!

Were you there third class? I thought he was brillant :D My favourite out of the three. I got a bit confused with the whole female thing but got it after a while. I was in fits when he kept calling people weird!

Were you there third class? I thought he was brillant :D My favourite out of the three. I got a bit confused with the whole female thing but got it after a while. I was in fits when he kept calling people weird!

I had him at Christmas 4th class
    nice class to end the day.
    He was very funny-the way he went on!

I had him at Christmas 4th class
    nice class to end the day.
    He was very funny-the way he went on!

I usually don't like business but he definitely made it more enjoyable : )

Dancing queen; I do English second class and I don't have the teacher you have.

and the female pronouns!

Surprise surprise, read 21st Century written by him and I think if he refers to a person he always says the female version of the reference

Dancing queen; I do English second class and I don't have the teacher you have.

I walked into English late :o so maybe that isn't her name but it's the name that's on the notes I was given. I'm sure there was so many people they had to make more than one class though.

I walked into English late :o so maybe that isn't her name but it's the name that's on the notes I was given. I'm sure there was so many people they had to make more than one class though.

Yeah, they probably had to make another english class. mine had about 60 in it.

Yeah, they probably had to make another english class. mine had about 60 in it.

Yeah same, there was only 4/5 spare seats. Fair play to the teachers for being able to handle so many, I know some of my own teachers couldn't do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭ddef

I was in Cathy's english class for the 3rd period today. only around 15 in it, was mad.

Advertisement