Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you eat in the library?

Options
  • 19-03-2010 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭

Yea its a €20 fine if you're caught...

But i still see lots of people doing it... i do myself sometimes, as i don't see the harm in it, i make no noise and i don't even use any books so there's no fear of me damaging one...

Do you eat in the library 29 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 29 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Yup, though when I do it's normally something like a packet of mints. I wouldn't sit there and eat a full lunch in the library, but I think something like a small packet of sweets or dried fruit is perfectly reasonable while studying.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

But somehow I doubt that Librocop does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Mints are fine and other sweets that you suck are fine. Chewy, crunchy sweets are a big no! Crisps, maltesers etc. have no place in the lib.
    No fizzy drinks either! I do not want to hear a 'hisssssssssssssssss' whenever somebody is going for a drink

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

No fizzy drinks either! I do not want to hear a 'hisssssssssssssssss' whenever somebody is going for a drink

Sparkling Water :P

Its water so its allowed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

Librocop can sense food in library air at a level of one part per billion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭deco1610

The €20 fine isn't exactly enforced stringently...

One day, while looking for a book, i foolishly left an empty packet of haribo on the desk i was using. I came back to find a note on the desk saying that eating was forbidden.

No fine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

deco1610 wrote: »
    The €20 fine isn't exactly enforced stringently...

One day, while looking for a book, i foolishly left an empty packet of haribo on the desk i was using. I came back to find a note on the desk saying that eating was forbidden.

No fine!

That was the day that Mrs. Librocop gave birth to Librocop Jr.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

El_Drago wrote: »

I saw Librocop with Junior Librocop one day, and they were smiling! I was shocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭deco1610

El_Drago wrote: »

Impossible... The Librocops reproduce through a cloud of spores. Everyone knows that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

I had two sneaky ham sandwichs a few weeks back. Can't enjoy them in such circumstances, I find.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Jicked

Quick libro-question. If you don't have a student card whats the procedure, just explain the dog ate it and ask for a temporary pass? I know you can't borrow books, but if you just give them a student number is that enough to get in to study or do you have to prove your a student in some way?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Wow 21st century students. Fight the power! Thank christ they designed the campus to stop riots you subversives are off the chain!<fingasnap>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Jicked wrote: »
    Quick libro-question. If you don't have a student card whats the procedure, just explain the dog ate it and ask for a temporary pass? I know you can't borrow books, but if you just give them a student number is that enough to get in to study or do you have to prove your a student in some way?

You just have to go up and give your name and they either ask your student number or address and then they give you the pass.

If you take out more than 3 they cost €2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Jicked

Great stuff, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Nah I don't eat or leave my laptop in the library because I'm a good boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Only DietCoke :D and I open it once while my laptop's starting and leave it open so I don't annoy anybody

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I drink pepsi and eat sweets - gummi ones. I don't feel bad about the pepsi as I don't use texts, and if I'm using them, the pepsi stays closed in a bag. Anyone who sees me drinking pepsi and using a text has free reign to punch me in the back of the head.... Don't do it when I'm drinking the pepsi though. I might spill it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Librocop gave out to me for eating peanuts once, (and I have to say I do eat in the Lib a fair bit) but didnt actually fine me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

yes seems he doesnt mind small things... im eating a bananna and he just walked past me...looked right at me he did... he appeared from nowhere.... like a library ninja.... so i had it in my mouth with no chance of hiding it...

i like banannas..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

:p
    Korvanica wrote: »
    yes seems he doesnt mind small things... im eating a bananna and he just walked past me...looked right at me he did... he appeared from nowhere.... like a library ninja.... so i had it in my mouth with no chance of hiding it...

i like banannas..

SM131~Mom-Says-I-m-Cool-Posters.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement