Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wiring

Options
  • 19-03-2010 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi All,
    I am replacing my ceiling rose fitting.At the bottom of the stairs i have two switches to operate the downstairs light and the upstairs light,upstairs is a single switch that operates upstairs only.I have three wires from the ceiling downstairs and two upstairs.The new fittings have live,neutral and common terminals how do i wire them up so i can switch from both downstairs and upstairs.The original fittings had just live and neutral terminals.Can anybody please help .Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Hey Jazzman

It's been a while since you last posted but the Electrical forum is still in the same place:)

I'm guessing you posted here by mistake - this is the site help desk for people having trouble with using the site or who want to clarify a moderation decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 jazzman 1963

Thanks, can i move it to the electrical forum or would i need to start a new thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Ah, I see you've got one there already since anyway:)

Advertisement