Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guestbook help

Options
  • 19-03-2010 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks, wanna start out by saying i really am a n00b when it comes to website stuff i had one module on it a long time ago but i have re-taught myself with dreamweaver again.

Anyway i am designing a site and have most of it done and functional with only a few problems that i am unsure about, the person i am doing it for asked that a guestbook be implemented with an archive/database function so the posts would be saved offsite, also they want the site to have a petition page with a counter for the petition signatures displayed.

Now i have looked on bravenet and designed the guestbook but the only problem is they are looking for money for the archive function (cheeky ba*tards ;) ) and given this site is a voluntary site there isnt really any sort of budget for it

Any and all help is really appreciated, thanks :)

Edit: I should say the person wants all functions to be on their own site rather then hosted somewhere else

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

1) guestbook
    Check out http://php.resourceindex.com/Complete_Scripts/Guestbooks/ for downloadable scripts for guestbooks, very handy some are free, some are paid

2) off site...
    i dont get why they want the archives offsite... is it merely for a backup ?
    you could consider writing up some sort of database dump tool (or your web host may even have a backup facility for the databases)
    Or does he want the archive to be viewable to the public yet on a different server

3) petition
    quick search of that resourceindex site gave me http://petitionscript.net/
    i havnt look any further into it

Advertisement