Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SF4 Normal & Hard Trial Mode Extentions

Options
  • 19-03-2010 2:27pm
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Right, I hit the training room today having taken another fancy at the Normal & Hard Trials (With a twist).

I'm sure we've all seen the super fancy combo videos from players looking for a tougher trial challenge and using the default Trial Mode combos - The goal is quite simple, hit Trial Mode, open a combo and extend it in any way you can, beit just adding a few jabs between the required moves or EX Cancelling moves to really make things fancy etc etc

I made a very short one a while ago to use on SRK Forums as a means of discussion regarding Balrog as he's one of the more linear characters but this time I wen't through every single one, one after the other - Ironically it was a tonne of fun and also solid practice for combos, links and just improving execution.

I'm wondering if other people actually do this and, if so, if they'd like to suggest any killer combos // Normal / Hard Trial extentions for people to try their arm at.

I'll likely post my video here (despite knowing I'm only one of 2-3 Balrog Players and that nobody else really likes him) but the good thing with this discussion is that it involves every character in the roster and everyone can get involved.

To give you the perfect example:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

jawdrop.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

My execution has gotten so bad, I can't even Ultra on command anymore.
    Or sometimes I get SRK instead of QCF.
    LOL

Well, I remember reading somewhere (might've been Eventhubs) about throwing in one or two jabs in the middle of combos to make it easier to complete the trials. I'm fairly handy when it comes to FADCs but its some of the links there. The Vega one in particular, although not many hits, I'd say would take a bit of time to get, for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I can't finish any characters normal trials, let alone artificially extending them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I've actually done this accidentally with Guile a couple of times, throwing out a jab after a jumping hk usually.

Can't for the life of me complete his hard trials but I'm not losing any sleep over it. 2 hit combo ftw. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I know a few Seth tricks, I'll see can I not put something together. Honda fails at this kind of thing though :(

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Not really bothered about trails or custom combo's. Have most of them done. When I get board some times I try to finish them.

I have a few remaining.

Abel's last 1
    C.Viper's last 3.
    Gen's last 1.
    Guile's last 1.
    El Feurte last 2.
    Fei-Long last 2.
    Ken's last 2.

Had Fei and Elf's second last one's done before but I lost the save file.
    Vipers, Elf's and Gen's last few seem really difficult.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Cmon Doomy, even I gave his a bash back in December ;)

I wouldn't be able to extend that for the life of me - That one alone on Keyboard took ages with Guiles filthy Super motion :mad:

I've actually hit a few of the posters here with something similar, super ultra isn't really too hard on a stick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Reanimemmett

Abel's last one is the only one I can't do. Pisses me off so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

When my XBL went down I sat for like 5 hours and did all the trials!

Took me a while, especially Fuerte's and Viper's last ones, on pad :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Just got Abel hard trial 4 done last night.

Couldn't get near it a week ago, can do it almost every time now.

The tricky thing about Abel's 5th trial is that its all muscle memory. Execution isn't that hard really, but its just getting the mind to do the motions right. Gen's though, thats a f***in joke! I read that the only way to really do it is if you're using turbo on one of the punches to let you concentrate on the part after so it put me off since I'm using the X360 pad. Vega's 5th trial as well, the timing on that is just pure ridiculous.

Advertisement