Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Two Line Telephone

• 19-03-2010 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

My first post so hope this is the right Forum! :)

We need a new phone for the office which takes two lines. We've tried Eircom but they said they don't have them. Any idea where we can get our hands on a few of them? They need to cheap too cuz we're a community group with no money!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭budhabob

ah lads and lassies, i recommended her to come on here to get help and results, and now ye leave me hanging here with no recommendations. for shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭dun79

Hi

did you try google Phone with multple lines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 fififidlesticks

Thanks for the advise but Yip tried google- been looking for a couple of weeks now so tried googling lots of versions.

Only finding american or english phones which apparently won't work in Ireland. The irish phones are from management companies which we don't want.

I'm only going by what I'm told so maybe someone knows something different?!

Thanks! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

So you want one physical handset that will allow two phone links to be plugged into it am i correct?

Yip, thats it! We want to be able to answer the two lines off one phone and transfer the calls to other internal extensions.

Sorry I can't say more cuz to be honest we don't know how they work just that we have one's that are dying slowly and we need new or newish working ones! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

Well whats the make of the current one? That might make it an easy place to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Yip, thats it! We want to be able to answer the two lines off one phone and transfer the calls to other internal extensions.

Sorry I can't say more cuz to be honest we don't know how they work just that we have one's that are dying slowly and we need new or newish working ones! :)

Internal extensions? What is your setup and what phones are you using currently?

I'm learning so much about phone systems! :)

So it's Telecom Eireann Eurokey EP Phone System.
    Item Code: 48188
    LAKE Part Number: 5305.012
    Prod. Date: 21 Jan 1998

We have three offices within the building.
    We have two phone lines.
    When you ring either number the administrator phone rings.
    Then the call can be transfered to either of the two offices.
    You can also make calls out from any the phones in the building.

Although I know a good bit about some pbx/pabx systems, I don't know anything about that particular one. Nothing online about it as well. From what I can tell it was quite dated when Eircom were selling that model.

But I can tell you a few things. It's unlikely you will be able to do what you want with that system. It might be possible to program a monitor button onto a phone so you can monitor and pick up a call on another line. But without any sort of knowledge or documentation to access the administration on the system it would be next to impossible.

Alternatively you could just divert one phone to the other phone, enabling that phone to pick up both calls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

My first post so hope this is the right Forum! :)

We need a new phone for the office which takes two lines. We've tried Eircom but they said they don't have them. Any idea where we can get our hands on a few of them? They need to cheap too cuz we're a community group with no money!

Thanks in advance!

I bought this
    http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-KX-TG6702B-GigaRange-Expandable-Cordless/dp/B000H138HE
    for cousin of mine when holiday in Asia, they are very hard to find here in Europe but easy in Asia, they are not cheap though, I paid about €93 (currency conversion). Panasonic are great.

• Advertisement

deep1 wrote: »
    I bought this
    http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-KX-TG6702B-GigaRange-Expandable-Cordless/dp/B000H138HE
    for cousin of mine when holiday in Asia, they are very hard to find here in Europe but easy in Asia, they are not cheap though, I paid about €93 (currency conversion). Panasonic are great.

Won't work on a pbx system.

Advertisement