Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CLAN WARS 4 - INTERNATIONAL

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IFS.NI

Ok now for the other stuff.

I thought Peter and Decky did a great job as usual, their job is to protect the fighters - these guys have to make split second decessions to ensure fighters safety. Some times their calls do not please everyone but these 2 guys have been round for some time now with a load of experience and are the closest to the action.

With that said Clan Wars takes all queries onboard and as a professional show will put them all through the proper channels, the ISKA have procedures for these kind of enquiries,

Connor Dillion has asked for an appeal on the head butt which will be forwarded to the ISKA HQ to which they will decide if there will be anything done on the subject.

Darren Hughes has asked for a rematch with Peter Duncan so we will keep you all informed on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Ryan Roddy

Hello, first off have to say I thought the show was good, well run and everything!

In terms of Darrens fight, obviously I will find it hard to take bias out of it as I am his teammate, but...

In my opinion regardless of whether Darren slipped (and from my view he did slip) or was caught I feel the focus should be on what happened on the floor.

From what I could see Darren had both his hands up covering his face and was not recieving clear blows to the head, so for me he was intelligently defending himself? I just really dont think Darren was given the chance to even move and I dont see how Peter could make that call without letting it go on the ground for a bit.

To stop it that quickly Peter would have had to been sure Darren was out of it, but how could he have been sure when:

A) he didnt give it any time
    B) darren clearly had both his hands up

I have probably said to much already but I should point out a few things:

Peter is a well respected guy and he generally does a great job so I would never hold this against him ( I just think this was a bad call). Being an MMA ref is pretty thankless and Im sure Peter was only trying to protect darren.

Peter has been in the game alot longer than me, and has probably forgot more about this sport than I even know! so his opinion is more valuable than mine.

I am a teammate of Darrens so my opinion is never going to be completley objective! Plus there is nothing we can do about it now.

Congrats on the win for Peter duncan, and I hope Darren gets a rematch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭weemate

Ryan Roddy wrote: »
    Hello, first off have to say I thought the show was good, well run and everything!

In terms of Darrens fight, obviously I will find it hard to take bias out of it as I am his teammate, but...

In my opinion regardless of whether Darren slipped (and from my view he did slip) or was caught I feel the focus should be on what happened on the floor.

From what I could see Darren had both his hands up covering his face and was not recieving clear blows to the head, so for me he was intelligently defending himself? I just really dont think Darren was given the chance to even move and I dont see how Peter could make that call without letting it go on the ground for a bit.

To stop it that quickly Peter would have had to been sure Darren was out of it, but how could he have been sure when:

A) he didnt give it any time
    B) darren clearly had both his hands up

I have probably said to much already but I should point out a few things:

Peter is a well respected guy and he generally does a great job so I would never hold this against him ( I just think this was a bad call). Being an MMA ref is pretty thankless and Im sure Peter was only trying to protect darren.

Peter has been in the game alot longer than me, and has probably forgot more about this sport than I even know! so his opinion is more valuable than mine.

I am a teammate of Darrens so my opinion is never going to be completley objective! Plus there is nothing we can do about it now.

Congrats on the win for Peter duncan, and I hope Darren gets a rematch!
    firstly Ryan,
    I hope Darren isnt too fooked off with me over the call.I have always respected him as a fighter an a friend.Now,as for the call.To be honest looking at it in hindsight I think I was actually too close to teh fighters at the point that Darren was kneed.I saw him drop and stepped in,now I imagine that had I been at the other side of the cage or even a few feet away by the time I had stepped in he may have recovered.regardless of that,he did go down heavy and I based my call on what I saw.Maybe he will get the re-match and redress the decision.
    As for the headbutt.....Paul..Im sorry but it was a blatant violation of the rules.it wasnt a glance,it was full contact with the head.Too many guys have spoken to me on teh subject today.it was on camera and I was close enough to the fight to hear and see it.I think to get this or even try to have the call over ruled is nonsense.It undermines the refs position and basicly is saying that my job is pointless.As you said,I have been around a long time and have a shade of experience in what I do.If someone breaks the rules then they have to accept the consequenses.

weemate wrote: »
    I think to get this or even try to have the call over ruled is nonsense.It undermines the refs position and basicly is saying that my job is pointless.As you said,I have been around a long time and have a shade of experience in what I do.If someone breaks the rules then they have to accept the consequenses.

Hi Peter,

Think you have mis-understood mate, I am not the one looking to change anything.

I stand by your decessions and agree with you,I am not trying to get it appealed or changed but Connor is, but no matter what I think everyone has the right to appeal. People can appeal anything in any sport but thats not to say it will pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭weemate

Paul,there were enough cameras and screens around the hall and the matter was clearly watched by all concerned.I spoke to Conor after,as I usually do with fighters who have a dispute,I went looking for Darren as well but I couldnt find him....mind you I was more concerned about Tim at that stage.He knew he had messed up,accident or not,it is clearly stated in the rules...all rules that is ,not just the ISKA ruling,that a headbutt is an automatic dq.To even ask for an appeal is silly.
    Now I have put my hands up to the Darren/Peter incident,and have publicly stated on this forum and to both guys that it was my fault the fight was stopped and even though I stand by my decision,I can see their point of view and I hope that they will give me an opportunity to put the matter to rest by reffing any re-match ut I cant sit by and see a clear breach of the rules be brought into question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Ryan Roddy

I dont reckon Darren would hold that against you Peter, these things happen and at the end of the day u were only doing what you felt was right at the time! I was just putting my own view of it across, I could watch it again and think completely differently about it but thats how it looked to me at the time.

Its difficult not to to feel biased towards a teammate as you will know yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 TJHOOKER

Great prodution from the Clan Wars crew and some great fights. Really enjoyed the show. The only downside, I have to agree with Cowz. I heard several people comment on how rude and aggressive the security were.

Duncan and Reid were both excellent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 conor dillon

well peter hows it going. dillon here. first of all i would just like to say no hard feelings over what happended you are there to do a job n you did it al doe butt of only an accident ... thats the way it goes . i just happy it was a good fight any very good experiense. when i went pro my ambision was to go undefied at pro any fight i took . only thing that is disapointing that it will go on my record as a loss even doe i was cleanly was winning and only ten seconds to go.and obvously a **** 4 da fans...... but thats life ha . i think the show was ran very well and will be lukin 4ward to fighting again. as 4 bougesz he a very tought fighter was very hard fight and i repect him. as 4 paul n chris cant fault them in any way was savage set up. peter gentle man as allways take it easy.

TJHOOKER wrote: »
    Great prodution from the Clan Wars crew and some great fights. Really enjoyed the show. The only downside, I have to agree with Cowz. I heard several people comment on how rude and aggressive the security were.

Duncan and Reid were both excellent!

Hi Buddy, Glad you enjoyed the show, which club were you along with?

As for the security mate, please read my reply to Paul a few posts up,I thought they did an excellent job under the circumstances.

Anyhow thanks for coming and we hope to see you again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

well peter hows it going. dillon here. first of all i would just like to say no hard feelings over what happended you are there to do a job n you did it al doe butt of only an accident ... thats the way it goes . i just happy it was a good fight any very good experiense. when i went pro my ambision was to go undefied at pro any fight i took . only thing that is disapointing that it will go on my record as a loss even doe i was cleanly was winning and only ten seconds to go.and obvously a **** 4 da fans...... but thats life ha . i think the show was ran very well and will be lukin 4ward to fighting again. as 4 bougesz he a very tought fighter was very hard fight and i repect him. as 4 paul n chris cant fault them in any way was savage set up. peter gentle man as allways take it easy.

great fight the last day I thought you were doing excellently and said as much in the commentary, gave your opponent no chance to escape, possibly to the detriment of the damage you were dealing, but still a good strategy!
    I found it hard to read your post above as I am not up to speed on txt spk (by the way txt spk is against boards rules, you need to use full words and spell them correctly on the main here, just an fyi as I know you are a new poster).

A question I have to ask you though is, how did the headbutt come about? I know you splashed him a lot to loosen his grip earlier, but in that instance he was already flat on the mat and you were sitting up, was it just a rush of blood or were you trying something else that didn't come off?

great fight the last day I thought you were doing excellently and said as much in the commentary, gave your opponent no chance to escape, possibly to the detriment of the damage you were dealing, but still a good strategy!
    I found it hard to read your post above as I am not up to speed on txt spk (by the way txt spk is against boards rules, you need to use full words and spell them correctly on the main here, just an fyi as I know you are a new poster).

A question I have to ask you though is, how did the headbutt come about? I know you splashed him a lot to loosen his grip earlier, but in that instance he was already flat on the mat and you were sitting up, was it just a rush of blood or were you trying something else that didn't come off?

well mark hows it going. sorry for the txt speak only just joined boards so not rely up to speed on it and was after having a few beers when i wrote that message ha..... eh yes i did splash him a good few times and i was trying to do the same again or land a shoulder on him but his head just came up. it was just an accident tryed to land a shoulder blow on him but was complely exhausted and it just went wrong. very unlucky to happen in the last ten seconds of the fight ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Anakin.S

IFS.NI wrote: »
    Connor Dillion has asked for an appeal on the head butt which will be forwarded to the ISKA HQ to which they will decide if there will be anything done on the subject.

If ISKA overturn this deliberate head butt, I will never go another IFS.NI/ISKA event.

Anakin.S wrote: »
    If ISKA overturn this deliberate head butt, I will never go another IFS.NI/ISKA event.

deliberate head butt??? why wud i head butt him when there was only 7 seconds left in the fight and me winning hands down? yeah? well who wud miss ya with that attitude?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Cheers for the reply Connor.

I thought the event on Sunday was a cracking contribution to Irish MMA; high production values (5 projection screens!), top class fights from great match making, the fighters were well looked after, and all in all they made MMA accessible and fun for casual and hardcore fans alike.

They avoided my two pet peeves (delays between fights and late starts) and all in all I think it was a very professional event, already looking forward to the next one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Anakin.S

deliberate head butt??? why wud i head butt him when there was only 7 seconds left in the fight and me winning hands down? yeah? well who wud miss ya with that attitude?

I thought you were winning too. I'm not having ago at you, from the crowd it looked and sounded like an intentional move. If you say it wasn't then I accept your word on it.

I just think you should ask for a rematch and not ask for a decision to be over turned.

The only 'attitude' would be toward a promotion or governing body that overturns a decision that undermines the position of a quality referee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Conor you messed up, accept it and move on-the decision was correct and a rematch would be your only chance of getting your win against that opponent, don't be questioning peoples attitude because there saying it as it is. I missed it as i was back stage but the people i spoke too said it looked deliberate, in that case you'd be lucky to get on any promotion in future, but as said before i did not see it so have no opinion on that and hope it was an accident as a deliberate headbutt would be a bannable offense in my opinion.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Anakin.S wrote: »
    look whos the iska champion now ha and i beat bouguz n rematch 2 ;]
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

well done conor, love to see a fight between you and that polish killer bee chap, you could headbutt each other to your hearts' contents.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭kid chaos

Keep it clean, you wont have it long

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MMAIRELANDFAN

I think your in deep trouble

Cowzer and Dalton both your next opponents and far better to you grappling and both will be able to stand with you too

Then to try get back to the top you'll prob have to fight Mcgregor who can has the same strenghts over you

Could be the end of your ambitions in a very short time

I seen your head butt and it left a bad taste to say the least

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭manga_10

kid chaos wrote: »
    Keep it clean, you wont have it long

Nicely said Joe.Don't get complacent Conor, there's many a fighter out there who would be more than happy to take the belt.

Advertisement