Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firearms Certificate Grant Letter dated 15/03/2010

Options
  • 19-03-2010 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

If your Grant letter has the date 15/03/2010 on it and your post office rejects payment today or the next day or so DO NOT WORRY. I found out that one of the boyz in blue F-ed up a bunch of Grant notices sent out to firearms holders on that date and "forgot" to update their database with the details of the firearms as having been granted. So when An Post go to access the database to verify that the grant letter is a genuine one (otherwise we could all just print our own!"!!!!) the systems says Certificate Grant Notice Record Not Found on Database.

The clerk at the counter will issue you with a rejection note which should be stapled to your letter and you can hold it for a day or two and try again then when Phoenix Park have had a chance to get over their Paddys Day hangovers!

It should be fine in a few days according to a source in the Firearms section in An Garda Siochana today at about 10.30 am. And I just dug this info up myself, they hadn't even informed the powers that be in An Post so that they could let the rest of us working the system know. But I did so a note should start coming up on the system later today. Just don't panic!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

Firearms Grant Certificate Letters dated 15/03/2010 now being processed as usual all day today without any technical issues.

Advertisement