Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF: BC2 Wishlist (fixes)

Options
  • 19-03-2010 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

I'm sure an official list will be made on the BF:BC2 forums, but on this side, what would people like to see tweaked/changed to make the game better.

I don't mean for anything HUGE like..add planes etc, just gameplay etc.

I for one would go

- Ability to see your own health
    - To not get a death on the scoreboard, when you are revived (as per BF2)
    - To give medic/assault some for on attack against tanks/apcs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Leucifer

One thing I wouldn't mind is adding extra classes, specifically Grenadier and Special Forces classes. Like in BF2.

Then you could have the grenadier carrying the heavy machine gun and give the medic class an M16 or something. I know it's only a game but a medic running around with a SAW just seems stupid to me.

Actually wouldn't mind seeing the ability to add a custom class like COD. I mean why should only a sniper get to carry C4, etc.

Can't see it happening but would like to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I'm sure an official list will be made on the BF:BC2 forums, but on this side, what would people like to see tweaked/changed to make the game better.

I don't mean for anything HUGE like..add planes etc, just gameplay etc.

I for one would go

- Ability to see your own health
    - To not get a death on the scoreboard, when you are revived (as per BF2)
    - To give medic/assault some for on attack against tanks/apcs

I have to disagree with you here:

1. Seeing health is pretty irrelevant really considering you regain health anyway.

2. Technically, you died, then you were revived. What happens to your killers kill if you are revived? Is that wiped of the board?

3. Each class has its pro's and con's. You can't have them all running around with a super dooper machine gun, medic packs, ammo packs and rocket launchers. Classes are classes, use them to their advantage, you can't have it every way.

The only thing I'd like to see is more maps...

And less sunny ones, pedantic I know, but give me some rain or dark skies...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I mean why should only a sniper get to carry C4, etc.

Go recon and equip an M14 or G3 etc and your no longer a sniper with C4 :)

Dcully wrote: »
    Go recon and equip an M14 or G3 etc and your no longer a sniper with C4 :)

I'm talking about the ability to mix and match though. Like being able to use an M4 and carry C4, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Leucifer wrote: »
    I'm talking about the ability to mix and match though. Like being able to use an M4 and carry C4, etc.

The M14 and G3 are multi discipline weapons and can be used by any type including recon. So you can choose recon discipline and equip an M14/G3 and C4 at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Prone for Recon....

And more maps.

Fin

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Prone for Recon....

And more maps.

Fin

God no!
    Getting rid of prone is the best thing the ever did.
    More maps i agree with.

1. Id like to see the M60 nerfed along with that pistol, dont recall the name, its the 3rd down the list i think :)

2. Ability to filter hardcore servers.

3. Ability for servers to run Rush and Conquest and not just one mode.

4. I still dont see any ping while in server browser,would be nice to see it added.

God no!
    Getting rid of prone is the best thing the ever did.

Why did they get rid of it?
    Why was it so bad?

I just think its more realistic for a sniper to be prone.
    Granted there are too many snipers in BC2 games, and having them prone would make them harder to spot, and it would be a nightmare, just answered by own question didn't I?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Why did they get rid of it?
    Why was it so bad?

I just think its more realistic for a sniper to be prone.
    Granted there are too many snipers in BC2 games, and having them prone would make them harder to spot, and it would be a nightmare, just answered by own question didn't I?

Do a quick google for dolphin diving and you'll understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

I gotta agree with the lack of prone. It's a great idea. I keeps the game moving, which is exactly what the game should be about. Snipers sitting in one position for entire rounds just kills momentum.

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »

Ok that would be annoying. It's amazing the things some players manage to exploit.

Surely there could have been a better solution than to get rid of prone though.

sink wrote: »
    The M14 and G3 are multi discipline weapons and can be used by any type including recon. So you can choose recon discipline and equip an M14/G3 and C4 at the same time.

Your missing my point. Say I don't want to use one of the multi class weapons, that I want to use one thats currently locked to a specific class, like the M16 because it might be a favorite of mine or carry an assault rifle and have an RPG (by taking away the grenade launcher when RPG is equipped)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Ok that would be annoying. It's amazing the things some players manage to exploit.

Surely there could have been a better solution than to get rid of prone though.

If something in a game can be exploited to give someone an advantage then rest assured, it will be exploited... no doubt about it.

Dolphin diving drove me frickin insane in BF2....

No prone was a bit strange to begin with, I thought my controller was broken, but you get used to it and as others say, it keeps the game moving...

Wouldn't mind the option of toggling crouch instead of having to hold down the button.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

1. Fix spotting so it effin works every time.

2. Add Xbox 360 controller support on PC. Annoying that such a ubiquitous controller is overlooked while joysticks are supported.

3. Moot point for myself at this stage but... Medics should be able to deploy health packs from the off. Engineers should also be able to do something relevant to their class from the the get-go.

4. Release a chopper tutorial of some description.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Spear wrote: »

Dolphin diving is long gone with the adjustments they made in bf2. Never bothered me as much as the c4 spammers though.
    Keyzer wrote: »
    I have to disagree with you here:

1. Seeing health is pretty irrelevant really considering you regain health anyway.

Disagree. Its actually not well represented, when the screen is all clear you still arent at full health. A lot of people dont realise this and run off with 65% health to die nice and easily.

2. Technically, you died, then you were revived. What happens to your killers kill if you are revived? Is that wiped of the board?

Should be the same as BF2 where it worked fine, the killer gets the kill you dont get the death. Revive saves a ticket so why should the player get the death. He was incapacitated not dead. :p

3. Each class has its pro's and con's. You can't have them all running around with a super dooper machine gun, medic packs, ammo packs and rocket launchers. Classes are classes, use them to their advantage, you can't have it every way.

The only thing I'd like to see is more maps...
    Ill definitely agree with that, well conquest anyway.

And less sunny ones, pedantic I know, but give me some rain or dark skies...

The one thing they really need to sort out and fast is auto balance, i cant be bothered with the game lately its impossible to find an even team. Also hit reg seems to be going down the drain since the last server patach, very noticeable with shotguns.
    Oh and fix spotting. Or even better bring back the commo-rose im not sure if they removed it due to being too complex for console players :p or what but it was far superior.

Edit: apparently R7 server patch is out and there is improved hit reg :p we shall see!

1. Fix spotting so it effin works every time.

As far as im aware theres nothing wrong with spotting.
    Apparently you can only spot 4 times before a time period kicks in preventing you from spotting again until the timer runs out.
    What this time frame is i dont know but apparently its to prevent everyone spamming spottting which is understandable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Fix the m60 for recoil
    Fix the chat bug as this is irritating
    Fix the matrix knife (I abuse this an awful lot btw) :rolleyes:
    A bit more balance in terms of some of the weapons.
    A p90 would be nice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Keyzer wrote: »
    What happens to your killers kill if you are revived? Is that wiped of the board?

As Sean said, he wants the revives to work the same as in BF2. In BF2, if you were killed the killer got the points, even if the person was revived the death did not count.

Im pretty sure, EA are counting the deaths with revives because of P&K servers in BF2 servers

EDIT: BeansBeans got there before me. Wanker..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Fix team autobalance

and less recons....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

R0ot wrote: »
    Fix the m60 for recoil
    Fix the chat bug as this is irritating
    Fix the matrix knife (I abuse this an awful lot btw) :rolleyes:
    A bit more balance in terms of some of the weapons.
    A p90 would be nice :D

yes getting knifed while behind sandbags while 10ft away is ****ing annoying and the powerup run that happens as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Fix joystick assignments and reverse yaw

Make the Medic a Support guy instead. Give medic revival to Assault like
    BF2142. Stops the noobtoobing big time.

Better Sniper Weapons- Get rid of SVE/Type88..they're crap.
    Gol/M24/M95..you really don't need any more than this...although I'd like a L96 with the exact same sound as in BF2 :D

M93R is the exact same as the M9..just a 3 shot burst in the difference..make damage the same for god's sake.

I'm sure I'll think of more :D

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

Think they should just release the knife as a stand alone weapon that you can have out all the time if you want, this auto locking ****e with the current knife is a joke not to mention still being able to swing a knife while being pumped full of bullets.

Should be able to pick back up your c4 or mines for use in a different area.

Reduce points for repairs 30 is way too high, same for medic revives.

Should be able to toggle firing modes on guns, god knows why this was a standard thing.

Health bar.

Toggle crouch which can be canceled by hitting crouch again or sprinting. (my baby finger is in serious shape over this)

Being able to zoom the mini map like in BF2.

steve_ wrote: »

Toggle crouch which can be canceled by hitting crouch again or sprinting. (my baby finger is in serious shape over this)

ah yes..knew I forgot something..

EA can remove the knife now.
    Instead I can use my left pinky to stab them to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

There are no snipers in Bad Company 2...just folks who don't know how to play Recon :)

The spotting scope doesn't work (at least for me) at all.

Motion scanners need to regenerate instead of just being 2 for the life. Even with a 60 second or so delay.

The Sniper rifles are underpowered, which is really in contrast to the overpowered accuracy of MGs. Most opponents don't even bother trying to dodge when they spot a recon, they just zoom in with the MG knowing that the recon will be dead before he can reload at anything up to about 250 or so feet. It'd be too easy to make them one hit kills but they need to majorly adjust reload time.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

I have a big request, bin this rubbish. Work on Bf3 dont release it till its done and dont ever let that abomination Rush ever see the light of day again. Although i doubt BF3 will be up to much either.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

_CreeD_ wrote: »

The spotting scope doesn't work (at least for me) at all.

As far as i know it depends on your scope when spotting people, you can get a 12X scope to spot further targets

Motion scanners need to regenerate instead of just being 2 for the life. Even with a 60 second or so delay.

Just get some ammo off a team made, this gives you more motion detectors.

Problem solved :)

Getting bored out of it now already...played COD4 again tonight and it's a joy to play.
    Until BF3 comes out BF2 will still be around.
    Even though I've unlocked all the guns years ago I still love that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

4. I still dont see any ping while in server browser,would be nice to see it added.
    Works for me and most others AFAIK. Are you running the BFBC2UPDATER.exe file in Administration mode to launch the game? You have to do this on vista to get the ping...

• Advertisement

Works for me and most others AFAIK. Are you running the BFBC2UPDATER.exe file in Administration mode to launch the game? You have to do this on vista to get the ping...

Nope im on W7 mate.
    Ill try it in admin mode.

Just tried to run BFBC2UPDATER.exe in admin mode and it says my game files are corrupt ,please reinstall the game, LOL i can play the game fine.

Advertisement