Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chocolate brown suit for Groom

• 19-03-2010 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Looking for advice from you knowledgeable folks in F&A.
    I’m getting married in August and know what I want in terms of a suit; dark chocolate brown (single block of colour; no stripes), single breasted, two-buttoned, fitted, to be twinned with an ivory shirt and tie (and pale pink rose in button hole). These have been hard to find but I’ve come across what I think is a winner.
    I’m 6ft4 and slim build so I thought I’d have to get it tailored. I’m prepared to pay decent money for a quality suit, as I will get to wear it again. However, I went into Louis Copeland just to get a few ideas and they have an off-the-peg Hugo Boss (not bothered about labels though) suit that ticked all the boxes, (38 long) and they even ordered in longer pants.
    I’m aware of the F&A bias towards paying the extra and getting a suit tailored (I have a Magee suit tailored from scratch and I love it) but for an off-the-peg suit it really fits like a glove.
    Q1: The question is should I get this suit as it fits so well, it costs €630 or should I get a suit tailored? Will I regret not getting a tailored suit?
    Q2: Supplementary questions: the bridesmaid colours are coffee (with deep pink accessories), question is what do I do with groomsmen? Is it possible to rent day suits that would go with this scheme? Louis Copeland guy seems to think black would be grand for them but I think this would look nuts against chocolate brown.
    Share your wisdom!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

hey,

I know the idea of a tailored suit is the holy grail, but the reason for that is in terms of fit- a €100 suit from H&M can look great if it fits right. I see no difference in getting an off the peg suit that fits well, or getting one made. Thats just my 2c.

With regards to your colour question- I think black would look really bad for the groomsmen, especially if your suit and the bridesmaids are all in brown! A navy could work, but I think it would be best to stick to the same palette...

I was a friends wedding who had a brown clour scheme, although slightly in the opposite of you- the groom wore a light beige suit, and the breidesmaids and groomsmen were in a deep brown. Anyway, he got his in Tangos dress hire in Temple Bar, and he was highly pleased- they made ties out of the same material of the bridesmaids, etc. The suits looked amazing, and the tailor in there knows his stuff. Anyway, here's the link: http://www.tangosdresshire.ie/ (Website isn't the best, but it gives you an idea)

Congrats on the wedding, btw! :)

Zo

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭surfjunky

Thanks Zo, for feedback on suit, I've just rang that Tango's place for the groomsmen as I work not too far away and they have brown two-piece suits to rent! Gonna check them out after work, thanks, love the power of boards.ie!

Advertisement