Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lucozade Offer

Options
  • 19-03-2010 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

Howdy!

I do not plan to take this any further than this forum.. I'm just interested in opinions.

Lucozade multipacks... being opened and sold separately.. but still cheap to be fair. Anyways.. there was a fridge full of 380ml bottles and they're costing €1 for two bottles. But there are ones beside it.. 500ml which is the 380ml with 30% extra free.. so obviously I'd go for those at the same price.. but more in the bottle!

Anyways the dude at the til said they're not included in the offer blah blah blah and the ones that are the ones in the mulipacks with the yellow label around the rim saying ''Not to be sold individually'' or something.

Is Lucozade, their supplier or anyone else allowed give them permission to sell them separately, or can they just do it by themselves?

I've seen this done before with Lucozade and Coca-Cola cans. But to be fair to this particular shop.. they are in fact a lot cheaper than usual.

Are they allowed do this? 20 votes

Yes - no permission required
    0% 0 votes
    Yes - with permission from Lucozade/Supplier/Other
    70% 14 votes
    Yes - if they're very cheap/fair
    10% 2 votes
    No - never
    20% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

IMO - who cares. If you really want the lucozade you are going to buy it.

If you are annoyed about being sold part of a multi pack, move on to the next shop and pay less or more for the same product :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

I cared so it's why I asked. I'm curious about why they need to bother saying they're from a multipack and not to be sold separately... if it's being done. =\

Edit; I forgot about the poll.. I did that cos I was bored. Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

They can do it if they want, it's not illegal or anything, just that the manufacturer doesn't want shops doing that (as the multipacks are sold for a lower cost). Since this shop is not selling them at full price anyway, I don't see it being a real problem. They're not screwing you over, they're selling them at 2 for €1, which is actually a very good price.

The manufacturer/supplier may have a problem with this, but there's really nothing they can do, other than refuse to supply the shop any more. This will not have any effect though if the shop buys from a cash and carry (which is likely).

In short, they can do it, there's nothing you or anyone else can do about it, and it's a good deal, so let it go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I do this quite often. Nearly everyone buys them as they are so cheap.

People appreciate a good offer at a good price.

The suppliers have no say in it. Legally they cannot do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

They can, and I am wondering who is voting for 2,3,4, especially "Yes - if they're very cheap/fair " WTF!?!:confused: where do people come up with these notions?

It has come up before and somebody did contact a coke and tell them and they said they have no control over it.

The only thing I would have doubts/issues about is the likes of multipack crisps. In these cases the advertised weights might be an issue. e.g. I expect you have to be within a tolerance of what you sell at, so a 330ml can of coke must be 315-345ml or something. Now with mulitpack crisps I expect you might be paying the overall wieght, so 20packs at 25g must be around 500g overall. But with some brands it is common to get some very full and some very empty bags.

Nutritional labelling might be another issue, I think nutritional info might be legally required in some cases, and these mulitpack items might tell you to refer to the main pack. Dunno if this does matter as obviously you get stuff sold with no labels, like cakes or penny sweets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Thanks for the replies! Now I don't need to be so curious! The deal is very good!

Rubadub.. the poll is a bit spastic Lol.. I did that out of being bored :P

Advertisement