Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upc business download cap?

• 19-03-2010 3:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭

Hi just wondering if anybody knows whether UPC small/medium business broadband has a fair usage policy (download cap :rolleyes:)?

I'm thinking of ordering the 20Mb/1.5Mb for 60 euro/month.
    It says "DATA CAP: None" and it appears to have no (*subject to fup) line hidden anywhere.

So should I take it that it's more than the 250GB limit for the residential deal?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,327 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

First question would be, do you NEED more then 250GB per month? I'll walk out on a limb and say for 99%+ of all users that would be enough inc. the once who download regular linux distros to try (because none of us would ever download illegal content like movies or games).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭yomamasflavour

Nody wrote: »
    First question would be, do you NEED more then 250GB per month? I'll walk out on a limb and say for 99%+ of all users that would be enough inc. the once who download regular linux distros to try (because none of us would ever download illegal content like movies or games).

Currently its 100 - 200 MB on a 3Mb line. If our download speeds were to be upgraded then I would imagine that our download usage would increase also.

Regardless, I am merely asking as to what amount the current limit is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i'd just call and ask (and make sure they confirm in writing).

just recently, boards.ie has been rife with self proclaimed internet police who think they have some sort of say in what and how much data everyone else is downloading so you're unlikely to get any useful info here before this turns into another dead end argument.

Advertisement