Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creamed Rice

Options
  • 19-03-2010 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭

Have a sudden want for this! My Dad used to make it with pearl rice (I think?) and milk. Does this sound familiar to anyone?!

Any good recipes out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭coxy123

Very easy to make - 50 gr. pearl rice, 25gr. castor sugar, 600ml. milk and a knob of butter - once brought to the boil, just let simmer for about 40 mins. - delicious...made it last week-end for the kids. This is enough for 3-4 people usually!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

coxy123 wrote: »
    Very easy to make - 50 gr. pearl rice, 25gr. castor sugar, 600ml. milk and a knob of butter - once brought to the boil, just let simmer for about 40 mins. - delicious...made it last week-end for the kids. This is enough for 3-4 people usually!

I do this plus a handful of sultanas.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

coxy123 wrote: »

I bake the above in the oven!!! I also use rice flour and milk, its a quicker easier option but the pearl rice is tastier!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭buzzymam

this is a fab twist on trad rice pudding.
    Recipe: Cinnamon and Orange Rice Pudding

Serves 4
    Preparation Time (mins): 5 minutes
    Cooking Time (mins): 50 minutes

Ingredients:
    200g arborio rice
    50g sugar
    2 cinnamon sticks or 1 heaped teaspoon ground cinnamon
    5cm-long peelof 1 organic orange
    150 ml double cream
    450-600ml full-fat milk
    4 tablespoons honey

1 - Place the rice, sugar, cinnamon, orange peel adn cream and 450ml milk in a medium, heavy-based saucepan. Stirring constantly, bring to the boil over a medium heat.

2-Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring constantly, for 20 - 40 minutes or until the rice is soft. If necessary, add the remaining milk while it is cooking to prevent the mixt from drying out.

3-Remove and discard the orange peel. Transfer the pudding to individual serving bowls, drizzle with honey and serve warm.

Advertisement