Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

windows 7 and email problems

• 19-03-2010 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi

I hope some one can help me. I recently got a laptop with win7 on it home premium. I bouth micrsoft office and installed it on the laptop no problems.

now im trying to get microsoft outlook 2007 working and no joy. I have the email account set up correct but it cant send or receive mails. When I go into online help within outlook it says the internet is not connected even though I have the internet open on screen. Any help would be great as im at a loss. Im am connected to my broadband through a wifi connection.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

I would imagine that your settings are incorrect somewhere!

You would need to check that your service provider settings for POP3 or IMAP access are setup correctly. You need to double check that your outlook settings then match correctly.

What email provider do you use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Check the connection setting under the more settings in the email account settings. It should be set to connect using LAN if you are on broadband

Advertisement