Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R7 Servers Coming Online

Options
  • 19-03-2010 4:12pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Quote from the dice guy over on BC2 forums on EA

We have just distributed a new server version named R7 to the server hosts.

Early signs from the hosts are good with 20% less load on the server CPU, improved hit detection, Veteran rank handling is fixed so you should get your M1 Garand back now plus some other fixes to better help the server hosting companies and better management of Punkbuster ID's.

Thank God for the Garand,probably my favourite weapon from any fps ive played :)
    Managed to use it on day one too before it disappeared for everyone and it was very nice.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,262 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Dcully wrote: »
    Quote from the dice guy over on BC2 forums on EA

We have just distributed a new server version named R7 to the server hosts.

Early signs from the hosts are good with 20% less load on the server CPU, improved hit detection, Veteran rank handling is fixed so you should get your M1 Garand back now plus some other fixes to better help the server hosting companies and better management of Punkbuster ID's.

Thank God for the Garand,probably my favourite weapon from any fps ive played :)
    Managed to use it on day one too before it disappeared for everyone and it was very nice.

Yay, my Garand finally. I've seen people reporting dropping enemies with just 1 or 2 hits with it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Nah its not that good unless its a head shot :)
    Just had a wee go there,search R7 in server name if ya wanna try it out :)
    Its more accurate than the M14 but does less damage i think.

Advertisement