Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anticipated excitement on Whitshed Road 19/03/2010

Options
  • 19-03-2010 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭

30A99A53273442589A98F9E88F456E0A-800.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,066 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

what excitement?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

B01DF10F176F4E31A64E7C3331952F3D-800.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

One of thise is the reporter from Sunday World ( brown jacket )

74919F679749480DB9E29A3246396404-800.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Seanies house obviously. False tip off regarding his arrest?

• Advertisement

Seanies house obviously. False tip off regarding his arrest?
    He was arrested Thursday morn at 06.30. Let out this afternoon from Bray Garda Station

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Great pictures, thank you.

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    He was arrested Thursday morn at 06.30. Let out this afternoon from Bray Garda Station

Post was originally dated 10/03

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

I don't get it, you posted that 9 days ago in reference to something else and someone released it today??:confused::confused:

loobylou wrote: »
    I don't get it, you posted that 9 days ago in reference to something else and someone released it today??:confused::confused:

Apologies, I originally posted it today with incorrect date.

This is exif data from first photo posted
    Camera Make NIKON CORPORATION
    Camera Model NIKON D700
    Exposure 0.01 sec (1/100)
    F-Number f3.5
    Focal Length 48 mm
    Exposure Bias 0
    X Resolution 240 dpi
    Y Resolution 240 dpi
    Date and Time (Original) 2010:03:19 14:39:56
    Date and Time (Digitized) 2010:03:19 14:39:56

• Advertisement

Thanks pixy. Thats correct. Everyone knows he was arrested yesterday but your' date said 10/3. I assumed that the paps were up there last week in anticipation of an arrest. Feel sorry for his family having those morons hanging around revelling in their misfortune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Not morons, people doing their jobs reporting on someone who is front page news. Front page news brought on by his own alleged actions, not sure how this is misfortune.

Anyway nice photos John, you could be the Pap's Pap

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭luapenak

A bunch of tossers. Why should they find out before the person actually being arrested?
    Taking pictures of anybody driving by in a fancy car. Who do they think they are.
    How is a family member being arrested not misfortunate?Actually don't answer that.

luapenak wrote: »
    A bunch of tossers. Why should they find out before the person actually being arrested?
    Taking pictures of anybody driving by in a fancy car. Who do they think they are.
    How is a family member being arrested not misfortunate?Actually don't answer that.

+1. This sort of insensitive media intrusion has not been our way in this country historically. This mans family have nothing to answer for.

Seriously? The good ol Seanie brigade is alive and well

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭GAN

"Insensitive media intrusion?" Oh come on guys, get real. This was the biggest news story of the week, what did you think the papers were going to do, not send anyone to cover it? The reporters and photographers were standing outside the house on a public road, so they had every right to be there.

There is massive public interest in this story, and that's not surprising given how much of our money, as taxpayers, is going into Anglo. Yes I can appreciate that it might be stressful for the family having reporters outside their house, but the papers would be doing their readers a disservice if they didn't cover this story in a thorough manner.

+ 1 Gan.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,066 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

never heard of the right to privacy?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

Showbiz was all it was and stressful for all the innocent bystanders.

Just before the lynch mob get their way it's worth pointing out that lots of people in this area never would have got a start in business or a decent house etc if it wasn't for Public enemy no. 1 Fitzpatrick. Personally I never had any dealings but plenty did.

Whether he goes to jail or not is doubtful as big names at the top knew the gambles he was taking and they won't want that coming out. The trail has already led to the financial regulator as regards the loans given to buy out a third of Quinns shares.

Does he warrant sympathy for providing loans to people that couldn't afford them while putting the bank so deep in the red? hardly! If you read any paper or book (particularly Shane Ross' The Bankers) its very clear and open what he did.

Not the Police's fault that 'innocent' bystanders were stressed, but the alleged criminal who brought this to people's doors and roads.

I am continually amazed at the support for this man, yet its heartening to hear of his booing in the Hungry Monk recently, which is fast becoming urban legend. 'I was there when Seanie was booed' :)

Totally agree the former regulator had a part to play as well.

• Advertisement

Blame game, financial regulator, blah, blah!
    The real blame lies with endemic flaws in our society. Flaws which encourage corrupt behaviour and punish so called whistle blowers. Paedo priest cover ups, Doctors butchering scores of women in Louth, politicians taking money. All protected by the silence of the majority of others who knew.
    Mr. Fitz does not deserve to get off scott free for his misdeeds but he does not deserve the sort of vilification he has recieved. His family and neighbours deserve their privacy. The heroes who booed him in the Monk are blind easily led maggots taking out the total woes of our country on one man. Shame on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭GAN

I have indeed heard of the right to privacy, and support it wholeheartedly -- if the reporters had trespassed on his property, or started going through his bins or anything like that, I'd be the first to condemn it.

But as I said, they were on the public road and it was a story of massive public interest, both nationally and internationally. Whatever your personal view of Sean Fitzpatrick, you cannot reasonably expect the papers not to report this story.

But if you do feel strongly that they handled it incorrectly, the people to take it out on are not the individual reporters, but their editors -- so write in and complain, or vote with your feet and stop buying the paper.

The heroes who booed him in the Monk are blind easily led maggots taking out the total woes of our country on one man. Shame on them.

What a ridiculous comment!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 35 egorski

+1 Blandpebbles.

Regardless of the fallout - he broke the law to the tune of 80+ million.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭turfthrower

+1

Look, you might not like the idea of reporters hanging around outside a house in Greystones, but the bottom line is that this is a huge news story. Those guys not only have a right to be there, they are doing all of us a favour by letting us know what's going on. Scrutiny from the media isn't a perfect tool, but it sure as hell keeps people honest and acts as a deterrent to those that are tempted to step over the line.

As someone has already said, the media often does invade privacy, but this isn't one of those occasions. The guy will have his day in court, and that will really decide what he's guilty of, if anything. It's a shame that his family have to put up with media intrusion, but really, that's their husband's/dad's fault for getting himself into the mess he's in.

I haven't heard what happened in the Hungry Monk. from the sounds of it, some people were rude to him. That sounds pretty grim, but the impact of the Anglo debacle is going to cost all of us a lot of money for a very long time. He can't be surprised at the reaction.

Does he warrant sympathy for providing loans to people that couldn't afford them while putting the bank so deep in the red? hardly! If you read any paper or book (particularly Shane Ross' The Bankers) its very clear and open what he did.

Not the Police's fault that 'innocent' bystanders were stressed, but the alleged criminal who brought this to people's doors and roads.

I am continually amazed at the support for this man, yet its heartening to hear of his booing in the Hungry Monk recently, which is fast becoming urban legend. 'I was there when Seanie was booed' :)

Totally agree the former regulator had a part to play as well.

If you could underline the passage where I said he "warrant(s) sympathy" please. I am trying to point out that this is not black and white. He is not the devil incarnate

As often happens when a scapegoat is required the person in question is de-humanised. Long before Mr Fitzpatrick started (allegedly) gambling billions he was loaning money to good people to start good business when no one else was. I'm not talking about 100% mortgages etc. Later when he appears to have lost the plot he was not the only one. He was one of many people involved in irresponsible lending.

I haven't heard of anyone else's wife being booed in their local hair salon, refused service at his local pub or booed by some yobs (who apparently can still afford to eat out) at a local restaurant. I also had first hand reports of the media taking photographs of his home by placing ladders up against his hedge and leaning over..........can't wait to see what happens if/when they find him guilty of something.

Scapegoat: One that is made to bear the blame of others.... nowhere near

He is being judged on his actions, no one elses. The rest will come under scrutiny in due time.. Looks like Mr. Drumm is next.

The man has brought this on himself and his family pure and simple. He is not a scapegoat, but the first of many to come under scrutiny. He won't be the last.

He is at the moment innocent of any crime. People who treat him as if he is, are wrong to do so.
    There are a lot of stories and rumours about the manner in which he behaved in Greystones and no doubt some people feel its about time something like this happened.

Yes and all of the stories where positive untill the banks crashed, to say otherwise is untrue and everyone knows it.
    Scapegoat: One that is made to bear the blame of others.... no where near.

Fairplay, you've figured google out.
    Incidentally, sorry to hear you can't afford to eat out anymore whatever relevance that has to this subject.

If you can't see the irony of people booing the local Banker while they down their Heino's and Cab Sav's than your lost .

• Advertisement

That he contributed to the collaspe of this Countrie's economy is undeniable and that is reason enough to be angry.

Totally agree, that he was Seanie the Great until he was exposed.

Who are 'They'? These people who you seem so angry with? They seem to warrant judgement for being able to eat and drink but yet not Seanie?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement