Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anticipated excitement on Whitshed Road 19/03/2010

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Mullie wrote: »
    +1
    Gee! At this rate you will have a magnificent 7 restaurant boo-ers in no time. Maybe one of you will pluck up the courage to paint slogans outside his house.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭turfthrower

The guy is in deep trouble, of that there's no doubt. But . . . he hasn't killed anyone, hasn't beaten anyone up and frankly, given the other stories in the press at the moment concerning child abuse and clerical cover ups, he's far from the lowest of the low.

It's wrong to demonise the guy completely - he's not evil. That said, as a nation we're going to be paying for the mess in the banking sector for a long long time, and it's not going to be a purely academic matter - your paycheck and mine will be noticeable affected by this and that's not a small thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Cuddlycavies. What a preposterous response to a debate!

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

It's not a debate. A few of you think it's okay to blame one man for all the country's problems , to boo him in public places and for paps to camp outside house. A few of us dont, dont and dont.

I guess the millions buying papers, reading books and watching news disagree with you.

He is only the first to be villified, he will not be the last for sure. Why don't you go stand outside his house with placards saying 'Down with this sort of thing'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 egorski

Cuddlycavies - I don't condone the booing of people.
    ......although some misguided people driven to the breadline need a scape coat to vent.....however, I somehow doubt that those type of people were eating in the Hungry Monk on a Saturday night!

Anyhow, as the head and director of a PUBLIC company, he essentially
    broke the law by "cooking the books" - i.e transferring funds to change
    the bottom line. This was not a loan. He cheated and he broke the law in spectacular fashion.

He will be directly responsible for the biggest corporate loss in Irish history and destroying peoples pensions - and for that alone he is newsworthy.

I also agree that there are many others who are responsible. I hope there
    are prosecutions for guilty parties and other suspects are detained. As a society we have to start prosecuting big business fraud - if Sean Fitzpatrick is the only person arrested/interograted - then it is a publicity stunt. I am hoping that it this will not be a "one off"

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

egorski wrote: »
    Cuddlycavies - I don't condone the booing of people.
    ......although some misguided people driven to the breadline need a scape coat to vent.....however, I somehow doubt that those type of people were eating in the Hungry Monk on a Saturday night!

Anyhow, as the head and director of a PUBLIC company, he essentially
    broke the law by "cooking the books" - i.e transferring funds to change
    the bottom line. This was not a loan. He cheated and he broke the law in spectacular fashion.

He will be directly responsible for the biggest corporate loss in Irish history and destroying peoples pensions - and for that alone he is newsworthy.

I also agree that there are many others who are responsible. I hope there
    are prosecutions for guilty parties and other suspects are detained. As a society we have to start prosecuting big business fraud - if Sean Fitzpatrick is the only person arrested/interograted - then it is a publicity stunt. I am hoping that it this will not be a "one off"

A balanced and reasoned post Egorski I was starting to despair.

On a final note - The Hungry Monk is no more expensive that any other place in Greystones :) The Cristal is especially good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,936 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

you can continue this argument on any of the following boards:

Politics
    Economics
    Irish Economy
    Ranting and Raving
    Conspiracy Theories
    After Hours
    Mustard

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement