Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anticipated excitement in Greystones 19/03/2010

• 19-03-2010 4:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭

74919F679749480DB9E29A3246396404-800.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

92D90F4D892849DA97A6A02C1D2F465A-800.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

What was up? Did somebody rob a bank or something :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Where's the excitement? :confused::P

What was up? Did somebody rob a bank or something :D
    Where's the excitement? :confused::P

A bank was involved :D

Excitement anticipated, sorry :p

B01DF10F176F4E31A64E7C3331952F3D-800.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

What's yer man's name in the Brown Coat? I saw him at the Jedward thing in HMV. Lovely bloke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

This thread is full of....
    carreyriddler.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

mehfesto wrote: »
    What's yer man's name in the Brown Coat? I saw him at the Jedward thing in HMV. Lovely bloke.
    Seeing as there is no face showing for this man you obviously know him from another part of his anatomy! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Seeing as there is no face showing for this man you obviously know him from another part of his anatomy! :p

Emm first picture Janner. Look up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Couple of photogs in Greystones is quite exciting. Nothing much really happens otherwise :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

John

Were these guys outside Sean Fitzpatrick's house in the Burnaby?

swingking wrote: »
    John

Were these guys outside Sean Fitzpatrick's house in the Burnaby?

Yes, and some are still there

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭stabo

What do people here think about this type of photography? Would ye do it. Dont think i could do it myself,standing around for hours to get a few snaps of some scumbags. Maybe the money is good,but i wouldnt think so.

stabo wrote: »
    What do people here think about this type of photography? Would ye do it. Dont think i could do it myself,standing around for hours to get a few snaps of some scumbags. Maybe the money is good,but i wouldnt think so.
    I suppose its a career for these people. The guy with the moustache was outside Bray Garda station all night on Thursday and again today, hard work waiting around for a few snaps. Another guy got a call to get to the airport asap and he has been on this case since Thursday morn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭charybdis

stabo wrote: »

I think it's laughable to call it photography. I also think it's morally bankrupt (ironically, in this case) particularly when the subject is not a criminal or someone who courts the attention of the media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

I'd have waited patiently alright, to get a few 'good shots' in, but I'm not talking photographically :mad:;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

charybdis wrote: »
    particularly when the subject is not a criminal

I'm sure that there are many who would disagree with this statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

I think it's laughable to call it photography. I also think it's morally bankrupt (ironically, in this case) particularly when the subject is not a criminal or someone who courts the attention of the media.

We'll see about that.

I didn't mean that the guy in this case wasn't a criminal. I meant that this happens in situations when there are no police involved and there isn't a suggestion that the person in question might be a suspected criminal
    Nforce wrote: »
    I'm sure that there are many who would disagree with this statement.

Of course, because whether someone is a criminal or not is based on subjective opinion.

</sarcasm>
    kraggy wrote: »
    We'll see about that.

I don't particularly want to defend this guy, but there still exists the presumption of innocence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

Doesn't mater who the subject is (excluding children) - Considering the amount of people that are out of work, If I had to do it I would without hesitation. I wouldn't enjoy it I would do it.

• Advertisement

mrboswell wrote: »
    Doesn't mater who the subject is (excluding children) - Considering the amount of people that are out of work, If I had to do it I would without hesitation. I wouldn't enjoy it I would do it.

Ah, the yuppie Nuremberg defence.

What you're saying could easily be applied to any number of moneymaking activities, legal or not, and was exactly what I was referring to as moral bankruptcy.

(Godwin?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

I have no freaking idea what this thread about, so here's Zoidberg...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Fenster wrote: »

For real ? you know some banker dude got taken down to the cop shop. Hence they are in Greystones...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

This is what noone really says - for whatever reason

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/0318/breaking25.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

I never watch the news. Too depressing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

I never watch the news. Too depressing. :[

Agree! But that's what Twitter and thelike are good for...

Advertisement