Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banning pernament by Techy by no warning and is personal

Options
  • 19-03-2010 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

Banned from Infrastructure
    Hi mysterious,

You have been banned from Infrastructure for the following duration:

Permanent

for the following reason:

Soapboxing on various threads

Providing your ban is not permanent, it will be lifted automatically after Permanent.
    Also, please be aware that an abusive response to this automated message may result in an extension of your ban, or in extreme cases, being banned from the entire site.

Thanks,

Forum Moderator.

I have contrbuted so much to that forum and its imo very cheeky considering the amount of energy and time I've put on there. I have put hundreds of road designs on there. I've gotten a lot of abuse there and there no one a saint on there.

But my isssue is, he doesn't show anything, give a warning. He didn't even show on the thread where the problem was. He never gave warnings on the thread.

The actual thread he infracted me for is this one.
    You have received an infraction at boards.ie
    Dear mysterious,

You have received an infraction at boards.ie.

Reason: Breach of Forum Charter
    Hi Mysterious,

I have given you an infraction for your posts in the N21 Thread

Regards,
    tech2

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=64940212
    Quote:
    AS usual you resort to childish responses.

Stick to the facts the ego patronizing trips don't suit you. Your the one that came up with traffic dropping drastically from east to west of Adare. Traffic drops to about to about 13,000 a day a NCW And west of Abbeyfeale its 12,000. It doesn't drop to 10.500 west of Adare. Your wrong. and your just twisting figures around for some sort of agenda that I'm not really interested in or bothered with

The fact is the traffic at Adare is 16000 a day an when the bypass opens it will drastically rise as Adare is now a town not to avoid any onger with held ups. When the Tunnel and M7 and Gort motorways are finished it will also attract more traffic onto this road.

NCW is a town on the N21 Which is one of the fastest growing towns in Ireland and is west o Adare. I don't why traffic would drop drastically at Adare like you posed..
    All the best,
    boards.ie

He made the case against me. Without warning which is why I am now making this complaint On I'm soap boxing. When this is the kind of replies I deal with daily. Quoted from that thread before he infracted me. I could safely Bet the other poster's got away nicely. There is no warning on the thread, I feel almost like I'm ambushed.
    You make sure ring the NRA there and give out like you said you would Mysterious

I'll let you magic 1,000 out of a stargate and will credit you with 11,500 as a starting point but you must fully account for the rest ......m'kay

EIS, mea maxima culpa

and that is that. It kind of appears on a page in the EIS , just like that , but only if the page is in front of you I find.

Atlantis?

These are some of the replies and digs I have received. This is soap boxing to me. i haven't quoted them all are even the half that I deal with every day. But I'm just speaking from my side of the story and what I have to put up with. Even if I report posts they get ignored. :( I don't want to make a big deal about it. But I don't feel a ban here never mind a permanent ban. I'm not saying people are malicious or that anyone here deserves a ban. I just don't think I should be sling shot and be made put up with the attacks and then in my reaction get a perma ban.. I do feel there is a responsibility for everyone here and I don't respect this kind of hard moderation towards me and nothing to the other side as its always two sided. The infraction I got is not a problem to me even despite my reaction to constants digs I received by the poster of that thread. But a permanent banning seems like it's a total set up. That's my opinion on the way I see it.

Some more on the recent ignored digs I recieve.

Get real, the only trumpet we will see around Adare is the one you blow hard into

* Leaves guns and chainsaws onto the verbal battlefield *

You won't find me writing the sleevenotes for Lady Gaga's Greatest Hits either

Find those cars mysterious, you start right now at 10,500 and the 1,000 stargate premium. Target 20,000. Go for it my son.You have shown nothing as usual.

If you think you know something then link it, even if it is Noahs Ark

Like a Stargate accoring to a reputable poster in this forum :D /I]

Spongebob has always directed digs and insults and I've for the most part ignored simply because he never gets any warnings. This has led onto this thread that Techy has warned me on by pm (not on forum)
    Not being smart here but was 'that' M24 proposal via Mitchelstown .....not a Mysterious plan originally. It stuck in my mind because it was the only logical proposal I ever saw from him during his hyperactive 'ms paint' phase .
    That's a personal degrading insult one of many made at me. I don't want to make a big deal about this.

But from my position I get a lot of abuse too there despite my efforts, in posting updates, drawing road designs and all my links on road projects. It's a two way street. i feel this banning is shocking. I emailed him and I didn't get any immediate response. I feel the one or two want me to react to be seen in bad light. And then I get the hatchet:(

I get these insults regularly. Now I know forums are not going to be perfect and not everyone is going to agree with everything I say or what she/he says. But the fact is here, why the double standards? I find it hard to be held responsible for allowing these insults directed at me and I'm the one to suffer for it. A lot of people like me there so not everyone thinks I'm bad or whatever.

:(
    If I'm banned for this. Well What can I say, It shows up the bullying. I will just contribute my interests to another forum. Thats my two cents. I suspect this will be ignored imo.

Take care
    Mysterious.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I emailed him and I didn't get any immediate response
    Ah now, you know full well that people don't often get an immediate response from anyone, let alone on an Internet site that's moderated by volunteers.

Checking your ban from the forum, it was implemented at 8:30 this morning. Give the forum moderator 24 or 48 hours to answer your PM. If you're unsatisfied with the exchange, then take it to the category moderators. Then if you're not happy bring it to the Help Desk. That's the procedure, you know that. I suggest mentioning any posts you've reported when sending a message to the mods or cmods.

Advertisement