Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions League Winner?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

deisedude wrote: »
    Six people voted for CSKA:eek:
    I think they're the people who always vote 'Atari Jaguar' in other polls...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Bayern
    Barca Man Utd final with Barca winning again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Bayern
    Has to be Barca for me, unless we do United a favour and knock them out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Inter
    I give Arsenal a good shout against Barca.

They put in a huge performance against United in the final and deserved to win it, but they absolutely robbed Chelsea in the semi - they're not as invincible as people make out imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

I think barca will have it tough as the La liga will go to the last day meaning no rest for the players and all the teams in there side of the draw are tough and i think barca could get distracted

whereas united will probably go to the last day in the epl but their side cl the cl draw is alot easier

So i see a very tight Utd Vs Barca final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Just to note people, United's games go Bayern-Chelsea-Bayern, so it's gona be a real test of squad, and a big possible ****-up if it goes wrong. I think we'll go out to score against Bayern personally, which could result in the game going any which way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Bayern
    I'd love to see a French team in the final. Big chance for one of them this year.
    Really positive signs for French football.

Still can't see past United or Barcelona to win it though..... I'd like Arsenal to win it myself but United or Barcelona for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Bordeaux
    staker wrote: »
    An unpopular Bayern/Inter final, Muencheners to win

:cool:
    Pity I didn't punt it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Bayern
    Lollers at anyone writing off Bayern.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Lyon
    LOL got my sly Inter vote in just there.

:pac:

Course I knew it all along.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Lyon
    mike65 wrote: »
    Jose's year!

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Bayern
    I love the way some people are writing this off as a ''crap'' final. It will be every bit as pulsating as any other final. It could be the best final in recent years.

I am personally really looking forward to it, tbh. Can see it being a cracker and it's actually brilliant for the game as a whole that there's no English or Spanish team involved in the final. Bayern's first final since 2001, Inter's first since 1972. Good to see them in it!

In a final like this, anyone could win it. But I still reckon the wily Special One will do the business and lift his second Champions League trophy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Bordeaux
    mike65 wrote: »
    ;)

Knowing you Mike you have it backed:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Lyon
    Nope! :D If I had they'd have gone out in the following game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Id pick Inter in the final.
    Against Lyon last night, even though Lyon were playing absolutely sh!te, they got a few chances too easily they should have put away.Can't see Inter missing any like that or Bayern getting through Lyons defence very easily

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Bordeaux
    Id pick Inter in the final.
    Against Lyon last night, even though Lyon were playing absolutely sh!te, they got a few chances too easily they should have put away.Can't see Inter missing any like that or Bayern getting through Lyons defence very easily

Beer and keyboard clearly dont mix ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,427 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

DazMarz wrote: »
    I love the way some people are writing this off as a ''crap'' final. It will be every bit as pulsating as any other final. It could be the best final in recent years.

I am personally really looking forward to it, tbh. Can see it being a cracker and it's actually brilliant for the game as a whole that there's no English or Spanish team involved in the final. Bayern's first final since 2001, Inter's first since 1972. Good to see them in it!

In a final like this, anyone could win it. But I still reckon the wily Special One will do the business and lift his second Champions League trophy.

Yes agree with you on that one. I think myself Bayern are underrated and can beat Inter.

If I had put money on it I go Inter but not as clear cut as some might think.

Bayern to get first goal would make for very interesting game I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

I'd love Bayern to win it and for some strange reason, I think they will.

I can picture a 2-1 with Olic and Robben scoring and Milito for Internazionale.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

Lyon
    When the quaters draw was made I went for a Inter v Bayern final with Inter to win , wish I had put a bet on now :(

Inter
    I still fancy CSKA :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Barcelona
    As an Arsenal fan, for me, this is a great final. No sign of ManU or Chelsea :d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Lyon
    Inter to score early and then shut up shop - 1-0.

All hail the destroyer of football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Barcelona
    So does this mean that Samuel Eto is the best striker in the world right now? Two champions league finals in a row

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I think this could be an intriguing game, and what will make it more different again, is it on a saturday night, it just wont feel right but we'll have to get used to it, wouldnt be surprised if its reversed for 2011 though! I do hope its better than the last Mourinho final anyway, although a 3-0 Inter final sciore wouldnt surprise me one bit..

Bordeaux
    http://www.uefa.com/uefa/footballfirst/matchorganisation/disciplinary/news/newsid=1482249.html

Ribery suspended for 3 matches. I mean it was a red card, it was a late challenge and a bad one at that. But 'assault'? That's just silly.

Inter
    thorbarry wrote: »
    So does this mean that Samuel Eto is the best striker in the world right now? Two champions league finals in a row

Better than that fcukin donkey Zlatan anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Mountain_Surfer

Lyon
    100% has to be Inter (100th post too :D)

But if the above post is correct, it strengthens my opinion even further

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Lyon
    Zonda999 wrote: »
    I think this could be an intriguing game, and what will make it more different again, is it on a saturday night, it just wont feel right but we'll have to get used to it, wouldnt be surprised if its reversed for 2011 though! I do hope its better than the last Mourinho final anyway, although a 3-0 Inter final sciore wouldnt surprise me one bit..

I think its great having it on a Saturday night - plus the Heineken Cup Final is on the same day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Bayern
    Boskowski wrote: »
    http://www.uefa.com/uefa/footballfirst/matchorganisation/disciplinary/news/newsid=1482249.html

Ribery suspended for 3 matches. I mean it was a red card, it was a late challenge and a bad one at that. But 'assault'? That's just silly.

3 might be a bit harsh since it's trebling the usual punishment for a straight red, but I think 2 would be adequate. It was an awful challenge and I don't think anyone is surprised that an extended ban has been given.

Bordeaux
    3 might be a bit harsh since it's trebling the usual punishment for a straight red, but I think 2 would be adequate. It was an awful challenge and I don't think anyone is surprised that an extended ban has been given.

Whatever the punishment, the reasoning is what I do not get.

I read that the UEFA rulebook defines 'assault' as something that happens away from the ball. Not as something that happens in a challenge for the ball.
    I mean there is no arguing that it genuinely was a late challenge for the ball. It wasn't going for the man disguised as a late challenge for the ball and certainly it wasn't away from the ball.
    Thereby it shouldn't be assault but 'just' a bad foul.

Thankfully the squad seems balanced enough in midfield to cope with his ban, but obviously I'd rather have him on the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Bordeaux
    Whatever the punishment, the reasoning is what I do not get.

I read that the UEFA rulebook defines 'assault' as something that happens away from the ball. Not as something that happens in a challenge for the ball.
    I mean there is no arguing that it genuinely was a late challenge for the ball. It wasn't going for the man disguised as a late challenge for the ball and certainly it wasn't away from the ball.
    Thereby it shouldn't be assault but 'just' a bad foul.

Thankfully the squad seems balanced enough in midfield to cope with his ban, but obviously I'd rather have him on the pitch.

I think people put a lot of faith into Ribery outside of Bayern. Those who follow Bayern know the team spent most of this year without him. Another game, albeit a big one, is just another game without him. Pranjic showed he can do a good job there too. Contento in LB is mind blowingly good for such a young, inexperienced guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Beer and keyboard clearly dont mix ;)

Hush.Theres 3 teams in the final i'll be watchin:pac:

Advertisement