Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

parking in dublin city centre

Options
  • 19-03-2010 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hoping somebody can help me here. Im going to dublin tomorrow evening and im not able to leave work in belfast till 6pm. Im goign to a gig in dublin at 8pm so a train or bus is out of the question. the plan is to fly down and park up somewhere near Clifton court hotel in eden quay as thsi is were we are staying. does anyone know of any good places to park and what are the prices? or even if tehres a outer city park and ride, thing could be handy also.

thanks guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Jurys on the Quays have a carpark. Its around E14 for and overnight rate

http://dublinhotels.jurysinns.com/jurysinn_customhouse

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

There is also the Fleet St car park in Temple Bar which is reasonable and central.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

on street parking is mostly free aroudn Dublin from about 7 at night til 7 in the morning. Youd want to be careful with this. There are a few multi story carparks around town but they can be pricey, looking at 30 for the night, something like that. The other option is to park outside the city centre, like in a houseing estate or something, for free and get a bus in. Could be a heap alternative option.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

WindSock wrote: »
    Jurys on the Quays have a carpark. Its around E14 for and overnight rate

http://dublinhotels.jurysinns.com/jurysinn_customhouse

I am sure I saw a sign that it is €5 after 5pm

That said, plenty of free parking along the quays between the new bridge and the point if you want to risk it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

i wouldnt personally go for on-street parking over night in the city.

but the idea of parking outside is a good one. On the way in from Belfast you'll be most likely coming through Santry/Whitehall, these areas are well serviced by Dublin Bus. You could probably park in the Whitehall Church carpark and bus in from there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

try RCSI.. I think it's around €7/8 for overnight parking.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    i wouldnt personally go for on-street parking over night in the city.

but the idea of parking outside is a good one. On the way in from Belfast you'll be most likely coming through Santry/Whitehall, these areas are well serviced by Dublin Bus. You could probably park in the Whitehall Church carpark and bus in from there.

I would think that a car is far more isolated in a church car park overnight rather than on street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Woodsy87

thanks very much guys, you have been very helpfull

• Registered Users Posts: 9,685 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

thehamo wrote: »
    looking at 30 for the night

:eek: Where is this?? I think it must have been a typo.

Abbey st. was Five Euro at one stage overnight, not sure if that offer is still going.

Advertisement