Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bit of an odd situation

• 19-03-2010 5:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, just want to pick the brain of a few here,

Set up a company with a few other graduates in august and it's still alive but we've left it dormant pretty much. we registered for VAT and everything and we've got a backlog of forms after arriving. My question is, we actually made relatively no money at all, we had one contract for just under 1000 euro and we put it all back into company funds. None of us have drawn a wage or got a penny from it but we spent money on things like domain hosting.

so in a nutshell:
    • We never got paid
    • we have had a few minor expenses
    • we got money in but it's still "Company funds"
    • we registered for VAT

With the forms we have at the moment, can we just send back most with a note saying "we have not received a penny"? I've got VAT forms and PRSI forms and they are scaring the bejesus out of me :o

Thanks for reading this

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

I'm not an expert but I expec if you send in the form to de-register for tax purposes you should at least stop the automatic tax forms coming to you. You should send back VAT forms with nil amounts so as to stop other demands for estimates coming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Are they PAYE forms that you're after receiving?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 clarewoman

:rolleyes: you should complete any forms that you receive and return. if company did not trade file them in nil. you should have checked this out before seting company up. look up revenue website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭trois bambino

Hi .phone the revenue and ask them to send you out the forms to DE-REGISTER.you are liable for absolutely everything until you do this.
    I have represented 5 people in the republic since january some with liabilities going back to 2000. It is simple to do and covers you legally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭TaxingTimes

If you had one contract you have to pay over the VAT on that to the Revenue less the VAT you paid on tax deductible expenses, so you therefore have to complete VAT returns for the relevant periods.

In the periods where nothing happened, you still need to file NIL VAT returns.

If no salaries were paid you need to file NIL PAYE/PRSI returns.

You should de-register for VAT and PAYE if the company is no longer trading and you are not going to pay yourselves.

However, the company still has filing requirements with the Revenue for Corporation Tax, and with the CRO, and accounts need to be prepared.

If you do not file your annual returns on time with the CRO, the company will loose any audit exemption and will require audited accounts, so make sure you comply with all filings to avoid this happening.

If you are not sure and need help, you should get professional advice.

If you are a director of the company you have certain responsibilities including making sure that all accounting matters are in order, the Company Secretary has to file the relevant forms and accounts with the CRO.

• Advertisement
Advertisement