Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga - Week 27

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Oh he makes me all tingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

monkey9 wrote: »
    Sign for Barca!!
    They do want to sell him. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Higuin and Messi banging them in yet Argentina will struggle to score...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

It has gotten to the point where I actually belive Messi can score whenever he wants. He doesnt choose to score sometimes because he is such a nice person, and he wants eveyone to have a fair chance.

The best football player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

How come he's never injured? Not that I wish him to get injured, but once in a while it might be nice, to give others a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Ibra is going to prove everyone wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Ush1 wrote: »
    They do want to sell him. :)

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Well maybe that should read - Perez doesn't want him, as opposed to them wanting to sell him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Oh holy sh*t. I thought that was the most boring first half Barca played under Pep, but the 2nd was the most exciting. Basically;

- This is the first time I'll openly criticise Zlatan, if we drew that game it would be 100% his fault for missing sitters. Eto'o is streaky, but he would have scored a hat-trick tonight. I felt so fcuking sorry for him after a while, Messi giving him the penalty may be a turning point, I really hope he pushes on, he needs to know that Barca need him. I have so much faith in him, but if he mentality can't handle the pressure then he'll flop ridiculously. His entire game is built around his ego and thinking he is the best player on the planet. Today was the first day he looked visibly deflated, and he gave up towards the end, a very very worrying sign. Push on Zlatan.....

- We conceded two goals because we changed both our CB's, and Marquez was exploiting in a way that Puyol/ Milito/ Pique wouldn't. Both goals were because he didn't pay attention.

- That may be one of the greatest individual performances by a Barca player ever. Better than Ronaldinho vs Madrid even. My Dad literally said the last player able to do that was Maradona. Amazing Messi.... Simply fcuking amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Unreal just unreal!

• Advertisement

They should sell Benzema.

gimmick wrote: »
    Well maybe that should read - Perez doesn't want him, as opposed to them wanting to sell him.
    Yep,a remanent of the calderon era.

kinaldo wrote: »
    They should sell Benzema.

They will.

Higuain will 100% stay put.

Villa is a near certainty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

eZe^ wrote: »
    His entire game is built around his ego and thinking he is the best player on the planet. Today was the first day he looked visibly deflated, and he gave up towards the end, a very very worrying sign. Push on Zlatan.....

Playing with Messi must really deflate him eh? Shít, I thought I was good. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

messi's second was the best goal i've ever seen.. was out of the couch when it went in. unreal.

redout wrote: »
    They will.

Any evidence for them selling Benz? Other than him and Raul don't like each other.

Any links to the goals, have to show the aul fella!

They will.

Villa was a near certainty last year too.

Also Higuaín needs a new contract. He's on about a quarter of Benzema's €8.5m annual salary, so I wouldn't be so sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

Roar wrote: »
    messi's second was the best goal i've ever seen.. was out of the couch when it went in. unreal.

Absolutely, I've never seen anything like that before. Might even rival his own goal of the century.

• Advertisement

Absolutely, I've never seen anything like that before. Might even rival his own goal of the century.

It was definitely a better goal that the one he scored against Getafe imo, it was the same spot, but instead of nutmegging the first defender he outmuscled him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Dont know about it being the best ever, but it certainly showed the difference between him and a player like Ronaldo. Im a huge Ronaldo fan boy, Im as biased towards him as you'll get probably, but where Ronaldo would have flailed his arms in the air after that 50/50 tussle on the half way line and undoubtedly win his team a free kick, Messi see's a goal scoring opportunity. From the half way line. With several players still to beat.

It's fúcking ridiculous. United beat Liverpool 2-1, Chelsea drop points, and all I can talk and think about is Lionel fúcking Messi,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

I think that penalty may have just been Ibra's turning point.
    He seemed despondent through out the game, Messi allowing him the penalty may just spark some sort of change for Ibra, so who knows, next week mayba an Ibra hat-trick? :pac:

As for Messi, I just hope him and higuin some how click for Argentina , they are both playing really well.

Any evidence for them selling Benz? Other than him and Raul don't like each other.

Most of the fans and Madrid press dont like Benzema and someone has to be sold to bring in Villa who is a certainty. It sure as hell aint going to be Higuain the chap most of the fans adore. Higuain was last seasons top scorer and has a great chance of being this seasons one also. Perez will bite his lip and offload Benzema. Why would you sell a player who is one of the worlds best forwards to accommodate someone who cant even get in the team ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Johner wrote: »
    Any links to the goals, have to show the aul fella!

http://todayfoot.com/Football/Video-la-liga-zaragoza-vs-barcelona-20h00-21032010/

• Advertisement

Why would you sell a player who is one of the worlds best forwards to accommodate someone who cant even get in the team ?
    Yet they crucified him for Madrid's CL exit. They don't operate on a rational level.

Yet they crucified him for Madrid's CL exit. They don't operate on a rational level.

To be fair, Higuain has Zlatanitis in Europe. Although I agree 100%. He's been their best player this year and last year, sell him and it's the equivalent of selling Makalele - a trainwreck waiting to happen.

That was harsh and the stuff about the spat with Ronaldo.

Christ, is there a bigger selfing bastard in world football than Ronaldo ?

I laughed when I read that one.

Most of the fans and Madrid press dont like Benzema and someone has to be sold to bring in Villa who is a certainty. It sure as hell aint going to be Higuain the chap most of the fans adore. Higuain was last seasons top scorer and has a great chance of being this seasons one also. Perez will bite his lip and offload Benzema. Why would you sell a player who is one of the worlds best forwards to accommodate someone who cant even get in the team ?

Not convinced Villa is a certainty. Huge money was offered last year from both Barca and Real Madrid and rebutted. In the end they said financially they only needed to sell Albiol and it looks like they'll be back in the CL this year.

Would you really be suprised if Madrid did this? He's not the first or last under appreciated player who could be sold.

Pellegrini will be gone, THAT I would say is a certainty. Perez was never oe to appease anybody but himself so the more marketable Benz could well be back in the hotspot. Completely not through merit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I did a little sex wee when Messi's second went in

• Advertisement

Not convinced Villa is a certainty. Huge money was offered last year from both Barca and Real Madrid and rebutted. In the end they said financially they only needed to sell Albiol and it looks like they'll be back in the CL this year.

Would you really be suprised if Madrid did this? He's not the first or last under appreciated player who could be sold.

Pellegrini will be gone, THAT I would say is a certainty. Perez was never oe to appease anybody but himself so the more marketable Benz could well be back in the hotspot. Completely not through merit.

If thats your opinion then thats fair enough. I predict he has a better chance of being at the Bernabeu come august than Benzema.

EDIT: Only reason he didnt sign for Real is because they wouldnt meet Valencia's asking price.

It was definitely a better goal that the one he scored against Getafe imo, it was the same spot, but instead of nutmegging the first defender he outmuscled him.

I like the out muscling but he didn't beat as many players!:P

If thats your opinion then thats fair enough. I predict he has a better chance of being at the Bernabeu come august than Benzema.

Wait, would Real seriously toss Benzema out so quickly in the Summer? I know it's real but they still spent a fair chunk of change on him, i thought Perez would rather ship Higuain out before one of his 'precious galacticos'?

Wait, would Real seriously toss Benzema out so quickly in the Summer? I know it's real but they still spent a fair chunk of change on him, i thought Perez would rather ship Higuain out before one of his 'precious galacticos'?

Most press seem to take this view also.

Calling Benzema a Galactico is a bit ridiculous when you consider all Galacticos came from top leagues, the worlds best clubs and all won some of the games biggest prizes. Benzema meets none of the criteria bar his over inflated price tag, oh and he sits on the bench - very un-Galactico like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Calling Benzema a Galactico is a bit ridiculous when you consider all Galacticos came from top leagues, the worlds best clubs and all won some of the games biggest prizes. Benzema meets none of the criteria bar his over inflated price tag, oh and he sits on the bench - very un-Galactico like.

Lyon knocked these Galacticos out of the CL, they won their league for 6 seasons straight. They are a selling club, but they're still a top club

Not really, just a Spanish term to describe world famous footballer, who is expensive and plays for Real Madrid.

Redout mate, look at Madrid's galactico project;

Biggest players in Serie A - Kaka/ Ibrahimovic... Kaka acquired.
    Biggest players in EPL - Ronaldo/ Rooney/ Cesc... Ronaldo acquired.
    Biggest players in France - Benzema/ Gourcuff... Benzema acquired.

They are successfully marketing world football mate.

Redout mate, look at Madrid's galactico project;

Biggest players in Serie A - Kaka/ Ibrahimovic... Kaka acquired.
    Biggest players in EPL - Ronaldo/ Rooney/ Cesc... Ronaldo acquired.
    Biggest players in France - Benzema/ Gourcuff... Benzema acquired.

They are successfully marketing world football mate.

I dont for one minute consider Ligue one to be one of the biggest leagues in the world. There are only 3 - Serie A, Premier League and La liga. I would rate the Bundesliga on par with Ligue one tbh and even Serie A is on the ropes though at the time of the original Galacticos it was probably near the top if not top.

He'd carved himself a major reputation though from his time in Lyon. He is the golden boy of French football, he's a global name recognised the world over as one of footballs brightest young starts and he plays with style (when he plays). I know he was only bought because they couldn't get Villa, but he still has huge potential both on and off the field so it would seem strange to abandon him so quickly.

Still, I would love if he left the circus that was Real. It was a daft move tbh, he's always come across as someone who needs stability and familiarity (he was still living with his parents before he joined Real iirc). Real seemed such an incompatible move for him. I hope he joins somewhere with an experienced manager like (Arsenal for example) who can set him back on the right path.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Galactico = marketting machine.

Need an english and an asian player now :)

I dont for one minute consider Ligue one to be one of the biggest leagues in the world. There are only 3 - Serie A, Premier League and La liga. I would rate the Bundesliga on par with Ligue one tbh and even Serie A is on the ropes though at the time of the original Galacticos it was probably near the top if not top.

If Perez had his way he would have also signed the Bundesliga's biggest player too - Frank Ribery, but Bayern were stubborn enough to hold onto him. So in one transfer window they came close to signing the biggest players from Italy, England, France, and Germany. Can't get a project much bigger than that mate.

He'd carved himself a major reputation though from his time in Lyon. He is the golden boy of French football, he's a global name recognised the world over as one of footballs brightest young starts and he plays with style (when he plays). I know he was only bought because they couldn't get Villa, but he still has huge potential both on and off the field so it would seem strange to abandon him so quickly.

Still, I would love if he left the circus that was Real. It was a daft move tbh, he's always come across as someone who needs stability and familiarity (he was still living with his parents before he joined Real iirc). Real seemed such an incompatible move for him. I hope he joins somewhere with an experienced manager like (Arsenal for example) who can set him back on the right path.

Plus he was banging them in in the Champs League also.

I agree also, the move was stupid, particularly before a World Cup year, totally putting his France spot in jeopardy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

dreamers75 wrote: »

Hands off Park and Rooney.:mad:

If Perez had his way he would have also signed the Bundesliga's biggest player too - Frank Ribery, but Bayern were stubborn enough to hold onto him. So in one transfer window they came close to signing the biggest players from Italy, England, France, and Germany. Can't get a project much bigger than that mate.

My point was that he doesnt fit the traditional Galactico persona which I explained already.

Figo
    Ronaldo
    Beckham
    Zidane

and then later

C. Ronaldo
    Kaka

He is most certainly not in the same group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

dreamers75 wrote: »

I'm sure Rooney or Gerrard would fill that void

Wouldn't have a clue who would be the most marketable Asian market wise

My point was that he doesnt fit the traditional Galactico persona which I explained already.

Figo
    Ronaldo
    Beckham
    Zidane

and then later

C. Ronaldo
    Kaka

No but you're looking in terms of achievement. He is much younger than any of them. It's about marketing.

Figo
    Ronaldo
    Beckham
    Zidane

and then later

C. Ronaldo
    Kaka

He'd won Ligue 1 four times. He was the best player on a team that regularly featured in the knockout stages of the champions league. He has a massive global reputation, starts for one of the heavy weights in international football and was among the most in demand players of global football in last Summer's transfer window with the likes of Ribery and Aguero. He did fit.

No but you're looking in terms of achievement. He is much younger than any of them. It's about marketing.

Lets call him Galactito ;)

You say marketing, compare him to any of the other Galacticos I mentioned and he still doesnt compare. I cant honestly see him shifting shirts in the volumes of any of Figo, Zidane, Beckham, Ronaldo, Kaka or C. Ronaldo. In fact I cant see him even being in the same ball park. I stand by what I say he is not your traditional Galactico be it in terms of achievement or marketing.

• Advertisement

Lets call him Galactito ;)

You say marketing, compare him to any of the other Galacticos I mentioned and he still doesnt compare. I cant honestly see him shifting shirts in the volumes of any of Figo, Zidane, Beckham, Ronaldo, Kaka or C. Ronaldo. In fact I cant see him even being in the same ball park. I stand by what I say he is not your traditional Galactico be it in terms of achievement or marketing.

You can call him what you like. I call him a fantastic footballer and not the first to be maligned by Real Madrid.

Advertisement