Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have Tesco.ie stopped selling still bottled water?

Options
  • 19-03-2010 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭

Has anyone managed to find it (any brand of 2l or over) on tesco online lately?
    I think Ive searched the whole site but it's no where.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Your not going mad there is a page missing, should be under drinks, water. But there is only sparkling water. call: 00 800 00 225533.

it will prob be fixed by 3.30 am, sorry if that's no help to you....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Thanks WMPDD3. I rang the number and they told me that they didn't know anything about it but would put my complaint on file.
    Thanks for confirming I'm not gone crazy anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

IS this thread serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

I ordered from them during the week and they've also lost bananas (or had on Wednesday) there was only one type listed and they were listed as 2 euro each...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Ste.phen wrote: »
    I ordered from them during the week and they've also lost bananas (or had on Wednesday) there was only one type listed and they were listed as 2 euro each...
    "Yes, we have no bananas" was the response from the customer services line..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Max Power1 wrote: »
    "Yes, we have no bananas" was the response from the customer services line..

Would you not just go to your local shop for the bananas instead of going to the hassle of ringing Tesco Customer Service?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

wouldnt surprise me if this is a size vs price issue
    alot of people I see buying bottled water by the case, so might not be economically viable to be taking up so much of space in the van for such a low value item

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

No it should be there, new website though these are the first problems like this I've seen. I saw a few wrong pictures for products but they are all fixed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Magenta wrote: »
    Would you not just go to your local shop for the bananas instead of going to the hassle of ringing Tesco Customer Service?

Not everyone can go a local shop regularly for various reasons. I've been really sick for a while and unable to go out. Tesco online has become essential to things in my house ticking over just right now. Lots of other people use it for the convenience I suppose.

Either way it's a service that we pay for. Whats the point in buying half your essential weekly shop online and then needing to go out to another shop for the rest of it? We can surely hope for the best service possible.

That's ridiculous that they have no bananas. I've noticed that several of the essential things I regularly buy have disappeared in the last few weeks. I really hope it's just teething problems with the new site.

The Groutch: That sounds like a very possible scenario.The water has still not appeared back online. I'll be very disappointed in Tesco if you're right. :(

Advertisement