Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flexirent II : The Revenge

Options
  • 19-03-2010 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

photo.jpg

** Unless we choose not to. As a matter of fact, we choose to use clause 26 & 27 of your Flexirent contract every time. Meaning that we can advertise this "peace of mind" option, but we don't ever need to provide it.

Ridiculous. Is this not false advertising if they still retain the option to not replace an item, even after they acknowledge that the customer is covered under their accidental damage terms?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

See the star at the end? That is the "Get a damn clue and read the contract details before you believe it covers anything including a lightening bolt from God" warning flag.

No insurance will EVER cover every single possible incident. If you have not figured out to read the small print by now to see what things are there then I'm honestly sorry for you because you're going to have a difficult life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

I bet the small print along the bottom left says something to the effect of "subject to terms and conditions" so no, it is not false advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Don't encourage him. He'll bring down the wrath..... He's got the crazy eyes!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20 noodledog

What is it with some people about not reading the original post? (Nody)

I am covered... The problem is that they have an out clause. It would be fair game if they had just said that I wasn't covered! What happened to my laptop is well inside their scope of 'cover'.

So I'm just putting this up here for anyone who might consider getting a Flexirent, in which case I warn you: If anything happens they will not replace it. They will do anything but. So don't rely on them, cause t's&c's or not, this is pretty much a blatant lie. There is not and never has been any cover. Like how cheap is it to replace a 20-month old laptop like for like as opposed to replacing a 6 month laptop? So if they're not willing to buy a 600 euro laptop for me, they're not going to replace an 1800 euro laptop after 6 months!

I'll never sign a contract I haven't actually read start to finish again, but I did read most of it. What I wasn't expecting was a shameful abuse of consumer trust. I did grill the salesman on what would be covered at the time, and my point is they can't advertise this, honestly, really. Legally, who cares. Because it is a total fabrication.

Done.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

noodledog wrote: »
    What is your problem with not understanding a contract?
    I am covered...
    The problem is that they have an out clause.
    Contradiction 1.
    It would be fair game if they had just said that I wasn't covered!
    What happened to my laptop is well inside their scope of 'cover'.
    Contradiction 2.
    So I'm just putting this up here for anyone who might consider getting a Flexirent, in which case I warn you: If anything happens they will not replace it. They will do anything but.
    So don't rely on them, cause t's&c's or not, this is pretty much a blatant lie.
    Contradiction 3 (also as a note that is not a T&C on your picture there).
    There is not and never has been any cover. Like how cheap is it to replace a 20-month old laptop like for like as opposed to replacing a 6 month laptop? So if they're not willing to buy a 600 euro laptop for me, they're not going to replace an 1800 euro laptop after 6 months!
    Consumer law, read it love it, understand it.
    I'll never sign a contract I haven't actually read start to finish again, but I did read most of it.
    What I wasn't expecting was a shameful abuse of consumer trust. I did grill the salesman on what would be covered at the time
    Contradiction 4.
    , and my point is they can't advertise this
    honestly, really. Legally, who cares. Because it is a total fabrication.
    Contradiction 5.

You know, I'm impressed, in one single post you manage to contradict yourself five times. If you fail to see why please refer to the cheat list below.

1) If there is a get out clause by definition you are not covered
    2) See 1.
    3) Their T&C outline when they will replace it and hence they would replace it even if that is a narrow scope of possibilities.
    4) So you skipped parts on replacement and exceptions AND you expected a sales person to be honest when pitching a sale and then not to be screwed... I have a nice red bridge for sale, cheap price...
    5) There is only one type of rule on advertisement which is if it is legal or not and my bet is that it is legal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,079 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

noodledog wrote: »

I am covered... The problem is that they have an out clause. It would be fair game if they had just said that I wasn't covered! What happened to my laptop is well inside their scope of 'cover'.

So I'm just putting this up here for anyone who might consider getting a Flexirent, in which case I warn you: If anything happens they will not replace it. They will do anything but. So don't rely on them, cause t's&c's or not, this is pretty much a blatant lie. There is not and never has been any cover. Like how cheap is it to replace a 20-month old laptop like for like as opposed to replacing a 6 month laptop? So if they're not willing to buy a 600 euro laptop for me, they're not going to replace an 1800 euro laptop after 6 months!

I'll never sign a contract I haven't actually read start to finish again, but I did read most of it. What I wasn't expecting was a shameful abuse of consumer trust. I did grill the salesman on what would be covered at the time, and my point is they can't advertise this, honestly, really. Legally, who cares. Because it is a total fabrication.

Done.

Contact the Advertising Standards Authority, and ask them what they think of the flexi-rent display.

http://www.asai.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

OP Aren't you the guy who was hurling abuse at everyone in the last thread you made about this?
    Do you expect people to help you now?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,079 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Magenta wrote: »
    OP Aren't you the guy who was hurling abuse at everyone in the last thread you made about this?
    Do you expect people to help you now?

Harvey Norman will rename the scheme Flexi-Rant in honour.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Your previous thread on this topic was closed. And as the same arguments are starting again, this thread is now also closed.

This forum is not here for you to wage a personal vendetta again HN.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement