Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with new Skoda Superb

• 19-03-2010 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Got new Skoda Superb four weeks ago. Early this week the diseal filter showed up on the screen and after a drive the diseal pump light showed up and then the oil gauge light came on.
    I turned the car off and restarted it and the warning light came on. When driving the car out to the dealer there was very little power in the car.
    Car now at main dealer. They are saying I won,t have the car for at least a week.
    Does anyone know what might be the problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I would have had Skoda rescue collect the car rather than driving it, but sure it's done now. I've no idea what might be wrong, but a week does sound like a long time to fix a car. Do they know what's wrong with it? I assume they've given you something decent enough to drive while the work's being done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Jaysus i was goin to say the filter but obviously it couldnt be with a new car unless the diesel was pure **** all toghether I hope they give you a good car in replacment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,545 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Sounds like you lost fuel pressure. Maybe a dodgy fuel pump. That would explain the weeks delay with the fix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

mickdw wrote: »
    Sounds like you lost fuel pressure. Maybe a dodgy fuel pump. That would explain the weeks delay with the fix.

+1

Did anyone put in petrol insted of diesel...:eek:..It can happen easy enough
    if you had been used to a petrol.

Hope you get it sorted...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭GTE

On the brighter side, it could be a minor fault or two like sensors that caused the ECU to go into limp mode which would be reduced power.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭carefull now!

are you sure what the warning light was, could have been the particulate filter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭GTE

are you sure what the warning light was, could have been the particulate filter?

Tis what I thought but the oil light too? Would that cause some kind of limp mode or power loss?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭carefull now!

depending on how full the dpf is you can get a very bad lack of power, not sure on the oil tho, what milage has been done. up to 1 litre per 1000k is classed as normal oil consumption by manufacturers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Den mcgrath

The main dealer is putting eight hours aside for one of his men to try and fix the car on Monday.A report has been sent to Dublin. The car has only 1200 on the clock as its new. It could be dirty diseal :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

The main dealer is putting eight hours aside for one of his men to try and fix the car on Monday.A report has been sent to Dublin. The car has only 1200 on the clock as its new. It could be dirty diseal :confused:

Dirty Derv is highly highly unlikely.

They will however do what all mechanics do and blame it on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

Its a skoda (VAG) tdi, likely to be the oil pump.
    There are plenty of these going and age of cars with failure varies, a search on google will show you a good few on forums....never seen one that new but have heard of one with 10k on the clock.

If it is the oil pump, personally I would be looking for a new car not just a fix. If the oil pump went and you drove the car for any period of time you'll do major damage elsewhere, I know, I've just had the bottom end rebuilt due to my oil pump failing.

Hope its not this and only something simple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

To OP, as a matter of interest, which engine? 1.9TDi PD, 2.0TDi PD or 2.0 CRD?
    Thinking of changing to a Superb with the latest engine but starting to hear a few uneasy rumours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Den mcgrath

The engine is 1.9TDi ..... Its a beautiful car to drive when its in full working order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

The engine is 1.9TDi ..... Its a beautiful car to drive when its in full working order

Normally a good robust (if a tad noisy) reliable engine! I have the same engine in my Octy, has 182k on it, doesn't use a drop of oil between services and still pulls like a train.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Diesel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭mcshape

So whats the verdict from the garage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

aye, interested in hearing what the garage had to say too. Was it a Greenline which has a DPF or a regular 1.9 TDI?

Advertisement