Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

want to play duelling banjos

Options
  • 19-03-2010 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

i recently got a banjo and want to play duelling banjos iv been searching around for the notes or music for it but i cant seem to find anything i can work with (im fairly new to the whole playing and reading music thing:rolleyes:), i even tried you tube but all the vids are lessons on 5 string banjos.

would anyone have the note thats played or the music for it?

thanks for any help you can give me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

i recently got a banjo and want to play duelling banjos iv been searching around for the notes or music for it but i cant seem to find anything i can work with (im fairly new to the whole playing and reading music thing:rolleyes:), i even tried you tube but all the vids are lessons on 5 string banjos.

would anyone have the note thats played or the music for it?

thanks for any help you can give me

From this I take it that you've got a tenor banjo?

Duelling banjos is played on 5 string banjo and guitar.

Tenor banjo and five string banjo are very different instruments and played differently, the piece would be very very difficult on tenor banjo, not impossible I guess, but I wouldn't want to be playing it!

So in short, if you want to play Duelling Banjos, get a 5 string banjo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

yeah i have a tenor banjo, so it cant be play on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

Yes, Unforeantly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jewlos

Here is duelling banjos performed on a tenor and plectrum
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0qwwSMbZQ0
    I read somewhere the song was originally a kind of a play off between a 5 string and a tenor!
    you should be able to play the first few riffs easy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

Jewlos wrote: »
    Here is duelling banjos performed on a tenor and plectrum
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0qwwSMbZQ0
    I read somewhere the song was originally a kind of a play off between a 5 string and a tenor!
    you should be able to play the first few riffs easy enough

thats very good thanks for that, it given me hope ;)

no i just need to learn to play it....

• Advertisement
Advertisement