Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stellar Professional 5pce Cookware Sets - Less than Half Price

• 19-03-2010 7:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

imv0uh.jpg€129 Was €449

51GZYVZ6HVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg€149 Was €399
    Celebrated 'domus' design. Premium quality mirror polished stainless steel. Hot forged bases for excellent cooking performance. Suitable for ALL hobs. Dishwasher and Oven safe. This set consists of a 14cm Milk pot, 16cm, 18cm, 20cm saucepan and 22cm St

* Totally Ovenproof
    * Dishwasher Safe
    * Suitable For All Hobs
    * premium grade 18/10 stainless steel

Collect instore @ Arnotts OR delivery is €7 nationwide

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Thanks OP, just ordered the Stellar 1000, 4 piece set

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Great looking set but will the handles not get really hot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

I have a set of these; No handles do not get hot at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

gerire wrote: »
    I have a set of these; No handles do not get hot at all

What you think of them?

Seems a decent price to be, cause they are a decent make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

Arnotts have these type of offers in their kitchen section all the time and I've never seen them for sale in Arnotts or anywhere else for the "original price", or anywhere near it.

I'm sure they're a good product but the same set can be bought most places for a similar price, has anyone ever seen these for sale at the original price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

quenching wrote: »
    Arnotts have these type of offers in their kitchen section all the time and I've never seen them for sale in Arnotts or anywhere else for the "original price", or anywhere near it.

I'm sure they're a good product but the same set can be bought most places for a similar price, has anyone ever seen these for sale at the original price?

Well i cant say what they were at what point, but €449 is the RRP and just something to use against current price. Mine arrive the other day and price sticker on the box was actually €449. Im very happy with them in any case, and think were well worth it. Dont expect to have any problems with them but lifetime guarantee is handy to have with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Fantastic quality, and a good price. I'm jealous, I WANT them. :(

EDIT: Looking at the top pic, the top handles seem welded on, and in the bottom set the handles look like they are the twist on type. Go for the welded on set (although not as pretty), although you can get replacement knobs, it's a hassle. (Which I never get round to doing and end up hopping round the kitchen with a knackered lid in my hand.)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭johnwd

I got a set of three Stellar pans like the ones in the bottom photo in 1996 and they're still going strong - so I'd highly recommend them. The knobs on mine do get a little hot, but not overly so - you can happily lift them to take a peek at what's going on, but you wouldn't want to hold them for more than 10 - 15 seconds.

As another poster said sets like these do pop up in offers on a fairly regular basis - its usually much better value to buy a set of pans/knives/etc. in an offer like this than to buy them individually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

I received mine! Love, love love them!

Advertisement