Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You hate Religion. I get it.

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

But isnt that just a linguistic game? Doesnt it amount to the same thing?

No. Bonkey's example is making a judgment about the opinion that an individual has expressed with nothing cast against the individual, whereas Scumlord's example is making a judgment on the individual that expressed their opinion based on what the opinion was

Two very different things

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

ScumLord wrote: »
    At that particular moment of idiotic behavior I think it's valid to call someone an idiot. It's not like a title that you get to keep.

If it's a friend, you'll get away with it.

Anyone else will interpret it as an assessment of their overall mental capacity ... or in your own words, as a title they get to keep.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

bonkey wrote: »
    If that's how you see things, then I'd agree that you don't see a difference.

Me...I find that perspective somewhat simplistic.

See what I did there? I didn't call you simplistic or a simpleton, nor did I necessarily imply it. I merely passed comment on your perspective. I haven't expressed any judgement about you as an individual at all.

In fact, I haven't made any judgement about you as an individual...which is why I'm limiting my comment to your offered perspective, rather than saying something about you.

Still think there's no difference?
    NO! I'm highly insulted!! :mad:

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Overheal wrote: »

Condemnation for the Catholic Priesthood is one thing; Sectarian outrage toward everyone who practices a belief in God is quite another. It needs clamping down on before it grows wildly out of control.

Im very against anyone telling anyone what to do so agree with OP re those two posts. If people chose to practice their faith let them.

Advertisement