Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

am now being charged for phone repair?!

• 19-03-2010 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

I bought my phone from meteor last year, (LG U990). Since christmas there has been a strange square burned into the lcd screen. I do not know where it has come from, also the screen has began fading & battery was not lasting (max. 8 hours on standby).

I returned it to the meteor store at end of feburary, with proof of purchase and under guarantee and got told it would be repaired within 5 - 10 days. Hadn't heard a word since so i sent meteor and email, they replyed telling me its now going to cost app. €100 due to physical damage? I was previously told there would no charge as there was no external damage.
    :mad:

Is there anything i can do? Anyone had a simliar situation?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Its common enough, once they have reason to believe you damaged it, you have to cough up. The lcd fault, is probably the reason they will use.

Its not meteor themselves, its a contractor on their behalf repairing the phones. Get on to them, and ask for the repair company's number and speak to them. You could decline and send it elsewhere yourself, and might not have to pay if the other repair centre doesn't think its user damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

Davy wrote: »
    Its common enough, once they have reason to believe you damaged it, you have to cough up. The lcd fault, is probably the reason they will use.

Its not meteor themselves, its a contractor on their behalf repairing the phones. Get on to them, and ask for the repair company's number and speak to them. You could decline and send it elsewhere yourself, and might not have to pay if the other repair centre doesn't think its user damage.

Its so annoying, like the fact you buy a phone and something through no fault of your own happens and you cannot get it repaired. :mad:

They gave the the company name in last email reply, i put in my imei number on the website and they have info dating 3/3/10 that the phone has physical damage to screen and the system connector ? and are waiting repair confirmation. ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Guess its in MPRC in sandyford then. You could decline, and send it to fonemenders or similar and see what their opinion is on the damage. Most problems like that with a lcd they blame the user.

Advertisement