Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Stream Recording

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

http://www.kmscomponents.com/cnmlifestyle/mediaplayer/mediaplayer.htm

Young terrence just informed me this is on sale in Maplins. Looks perfick if there's no lag. removable hard drive + no laptop needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Well we currently have €87, so if anyone can find a decent review of it, then we could be in business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

http://www.kmscomponents.com/cnmlifestyle/mediaplayer/mediaplayer.htm

Young terrence just informed me this is on sale in Maplins. Looks perfick if there's no lag. removable hard drive + no laptop needed.

Actually, there's even one for sale on adverts!

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=205244&cat=fav

Price in maplins was around 200 i think, down from 300. Also, I have about a tenner to add to the "scene pot" after the last two casuals. I'd say one more inferno would give us enough to purchase

animaX wrote: »

Get in there Terry :)

I think it's only got component out. But that would be ok if I am correct as we'd be getting a HDMI splitter as opposed to feeding the signal through to prevent lag. Right?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Perhaps we should offer 90 quid and see what happens? Also, the person who comes to the most Tournies and casuals and rarely misses them should hang onto it in between meet ups. Because that way it will nearly always be available.

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    Perhaps we should offer 90 quid and see what happens? Also, the person who comes to the most Tournies and casuals and rarely misses them should hang onto it in between meet ups. Because that way it will nearly always be available.

Thats a good idea.

Now, who shows up and records the most stuff at these things? :D

Price in maplins was around 200 i think, down from 300. Also, I have about a tenner to add to the "scene pot" after the last two casuals. I'd say one more inferno would give us enough to purchase

I can pay for it now and be owed back.

I was considering buying one anyway, but I'd be just as happy to not to :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I doubt anyone will have a problem with you holding onto the equipment in between events Doom, will pass the 85 euro I have onto you next time I see you.

The manual is REALLY vague as to if it can record from HDMI in.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Media/PDFs/A45JH%20Manual.pdf

Sagat06 has generously offered his €16 winnings from the random 2s tournament to the HD-Recorder pot.

I'll give it to whoever is purchasing the equipment when next I see them.

I would do the same, but I spent it on booze and battered mars bars!

• Advertisement

The manual is REALLY vague as to if it can record from HDMI in.

Looking at the manual i don't even see component in :confused: (although i thought i saw it in the shop).

Assuming there is component in (Y/Pb/Pr), doesn't that support 1080 anyway so we don't need HDMI?

Looking at the manual i don't even see component in :confused: (although i thought i saw it in the shop).

Assuming there is component in (Y/Pb/Pr), doesn't that support 1080 anyway so we don't need HDMI?

Yes although that IS an assumption right now.

Do we really need HD, in any case? Are Ropey's vids/ Leim's vids HD?

Do we really need HD, in any case? Are Ropey's vids/ Leim's vids HD?

No, i just thought you were looking for a HD recorder. The vid on the first page is a standard composite connection.

I posted on the recording threads on SRK to see if anybody has experience with this device but there have been no replies yet.

No, i just thought you were looking for a HD recorder. The vid on the first page is a standard composite connection.

I posted on the recording threads on SRK to see if anybody has experience with this device but there have been no replies yet.

Getting a bit confused now- standard composite you mean the standard av red whit eand yellow connections, yeah?

If so, I think we can use a standard output from xbox/ps3 to recording device and then whatever usuall HD solution for the screen?

Can they display to two at a time?

Fairly certain the PS3 can only give video output from one source at a time.

Getting a bit confused now- standard composite you mean the standard av red whit eand yellow connections, yeah?

If so, I think we can use a standard output from xbox/ps3 to recording device and then whatever usuall HD solution for the screen?

Sorry yeah, composite being the red white yellow. It seems like thats the only input available on the device?

In that case we could use the 6-connector xbox cable
    Xbox_360_cable_avance.jpg
    which actually transmits both composite and component signals simultaneously at 480i resolution (the Y/Pb/Pr direct to tv, the red/white/yellow direct to device). Although this would be lag free and the recordings would be the same quality as the vid on the first page, it would mean that we would have to play the game on the HD tv at 480i resolution.

To be honest, now that it looks like the device only has red/white/yellow input i think it might not be the best option. There would be similar cheaper options out there. I could be wrong though :o

Confirmed:

'Q- i was wondering with this item can you recorde gameplay footage from the PS3/xbox with out been connected to a computer like most other capture cards on the market today then transfer them to the computer later thanks - Matt

Answer- Yes the product does support that.

Q- what connection does this have for recording? - Dave G

Answer- The unit has a composite video connection for recording (such as the yellow, white and red phono connections commonly found on many AV units).

'

So it is less than ideal unless there's a component/ composite splitter.

Hmmm composite recording only. I think i dvd recorder would do the same job (especially one with internal harddrive) for probably half the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah, that doesn't seem like a great deal to me if it doesn't do HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

yeah the way I was looking to try it with my camera would be composite only too.

Anyway I think lag free is the most important thing to look for rather then HD. Ease of editing too. I wouldn't be too hung up on HD myself.

btw that 6 connector 360 cable, does that come as standard? That'd work with my camera anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Sisko wrote: »
    yeah the way I was looking to try it with my camera would be composite only too.

Anyway I think lag free is the most important thing to look for rather then HD. Ease of editing too. I wouldn't be too hung up on HD myself.

btw that 6 connector 360 cable, does that come as standard? That'd work with my camera anyway.
    Yep, tis the standard cable.

wtf, the 360 comes with the ability to display on two monitors as standard?

Is there another use I'm not thinking of? If I had known this I could have brought my camera to xgc last time and we got some direct feed of the finals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Will the lads in xgx let you mess around with the cables?

tis a good question

Sisko wrote: »
    wtf, the 360 comes with the ability to display on two monitors as standard?

Is there another use I'm not thinking of? If I had known this I could have brought my camera to xgc last time and we got some direct feed of the finals.

Only at 480i resolution though. That means the game would have to be played at 480i resolution on the 1080 tvs. I've no idea how that would look though, it might be good enough, it might be horrible!

Wouldn't be bad at all tbh. Wouldn't take away from a tourney match. That **** only gets annoying when your at home playing online and need to read stuff on the screen. Deffo not an issue unless I'm horribly mistaken and all you'll see is two blurs fighting enough other.

In fact this is the set up they probably used for the finals in cannes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I reckon you can mess with the cables and they wouldn't care tbh. Just don't tell them.

This sort of beast would be perfect if money wasn't an issue!

It takes HD input and outputs HDMI or component. Records directly to SD card or there's an 80gig hard-drive version.

Only need 15 more tournaments to make up the money :P

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I may consider investing in that. I'll have to think it over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Once USB3.0 is standard on laptops, the new BlackMagic Intensity Shuttle will be perfect.
    http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/intensity/

Advertisement