Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ex-illis in Ireland!

Options
  • 19-03-2010 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi all.
    new to the boards here but thought it a good spot to get in touch with the wargaming scene.
    Wondering about the game ex-illis. Has anyone tried it, has anyone even heard of it ?!

I've recently started playing and am very impressed. I'm a long time player of Fantasy & 40k and ex-ilis is the first non GW game I've tried.

I'll not rave on too long on what it is here as the site is pretty good at that. The game however, is played without the use of any dice, tapes, books etc- all the hard parts are done by software on a computer or Ipod!!

Would be interesed to get peoples feedback on the game, would love to see it take off over here, or if there are other players out there would love to organise games if possible !!

link to the games main site -http://en.ex-illis.com/

The beasts of war unboxing vid- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cesIn49Knp8

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Ove heard of it but i havent seen anywhere playing/selling it yet, i like the idea of constantly skilling up characters & tracking every match played

Would like to see it being played, do you play in dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Garathon

Not actually in dublin atm- am in sligo! I Am still building forces and once I've got a decent pair of armies together I'd certainly be interested in poping along to a club or such and demo, as I am often in Dublin. Its very easy to get a good feel for how it works fairly quickly.

Its actually a fantastically portable game, one of the starter editions comes with its own board, 9x9 hard plastic sections packs up lovely.

In terms of leveling the modles this is fantastic, nothing like starting a battle knowing that one of your units or heroes has a new skill to use.

The game should also be easier to buy now as they have started selling direct through their web site, accepting paypal & shipping world wide! which is good as I bought my starter set from a web store based in France !

Advertisement