Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inadequate Tax Refund - 53 pay days in 2009

• 19-03-2010 8:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭

Hi all. In relation to the above -

After claiming for Rent Relief and Union Subscriptions in January for year ending 2009 I discovered that I had only received 250 of the 470 (net) credits I was entitled to for the year.

Is it possible that because I've had 53 pay days in the year that I haven't received the total amount?

My circumstances haven't changed since 2008 where I received the full amount.

I have my P60 in hand and am wondering will this help if I request a new Balancing Statement?

If so - could I request this through PAYE Anytime and they use the details from my employer's P35 to issue the amendments? Or will I have to go the snail mail route and submit my P60 for their attention?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭Bookkeeper09

Yes that is probably the problem.
    I rang the revenue regarding a tax refund for my sister and was able to get them to adjust it over the phone and send out a new balancing statement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

It's a refund of PAYE paid- you may not have enough PAYE paid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

If you had 53 weeks in 2009, bring it to Revenue's attention. They'll reduce your taxable pay by 1.5%, and leave tax paid as is. This will normalise things, and you'll get the rest of your refund!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Thanks Gerry - that's exactly the case!

Do you think I'll need to notify them by ordinary post or will a phone call do it?

Advertisement