Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost License

• 19-03-2010 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭

I lost my learners permit and I'm looking to get a new one. However I got the original when I was 16 but am now 17. How do I go about getting a new license e.g do i have to retake the theory test and also will I be permited to drive cars now as well?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭driverite

If you were 16 when you got your original licence, then you must have got an A licence (motorbikes). If you want a B licence for cars you will have to sit a theory test for the category.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭james998964

driverite wrote: »
    If you were 16 when you got your original licence, then you must have got an A licence (motorbikes). If you want a B licence for cars you will have to sit a theory test for the category.

No he could have gotten work vehicles (tractors). Jst fill in a form and I think you will get another one. Go to the Garda station and enquire. Or motor taxation office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭Richie15

You've to go to the Garda station to get it signed, so may aswell go there first, I'd imagine they'd have the form. It's a lost licence declaration form. There's a different one depending whether or not the licence is still valid (which I presume it is, unless today happens to be your 18th?).

If you did a BW theory test for a tractor permit and the cert is still valid, you can add B (car) to the permit without any hassel. If you did the AM test and got the A1 and/or M permit, you'll have to do the BW test first, then have B and W added.

Advertisement