Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If buying/selli g a camera I presume memory card comes with it?

• 19-03-2010 9:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭

Hi
    If buying/selling a camera I presume memory card comes with it? (2nd hand)
    It's not specified but I'd expect so.
    What's your experience

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

Where are you buying it from that it has such a crappy description? Presume nothing. If it's not listed in the details of the sale, it's not included.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Just buy the thing.

Please.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Generally a sale does not include a Memory Card, unless specified.

Unless specified, no it does not.

I'm telling ya, this is the bargain for you my friend:

http://www.adverts.ie/196848

Along with a lens off ebay for less than €100 (could get the 18-55 kit lens for less than €100, could get a 50mm 1.8 for less than €100, etc.).

I don't know why that camera is still for sale. I have no use for it whatsoever, and even I have been tempted into buying it just because it's there (I was actually gonna take the battery grip, but then found out it wouldn't be able to be used with my camera).

You get a bunch of accessories you'll use or end up buying eventually. In fact, that guys stuff is everything you'll need to get out and about with the exception of a lens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭dinneenp

It's not a deal breaker for me, Im selling two and just wondering.
    I'm going for Pentax K-X with kit lens and 55-300

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

As asked in your other thread, why did you drop out of the Sony deal?

I'm thinking on the cam kit lens, remote and the 50mm lens. Just waiting for the guy to get back to me to confirm that's what he's offering for the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

dinneenp wrote: »

Thank God!

I didn't pull out of the Sony items- made an offer but never got a reply.
    Enjoy the set.

@most people- I know I asked a fair few questions re deciding what camera to buy but isn't that what forum is for-asking questions?
    Basically I had no idea what to go for and there's a masive choice out there (older/newer models, which brand, lens to go with body etc) so it's not that easy. Espically when one had very limited chances to handle camera and therefore did a lot if research online.

I'm only buying if, 1. the guy keeps in contact and indeed turns up on the day [says he's away at the moment] and 2. if the camera is in as good nick as he says it is.

I'm in same boat as you really, dying to get my first dslr to step up [for me from a bridge cam] a little and also finding there's just a flood of options out there, been scanning all reviews and comparisons I can find. Head wrecking :D

We'll get there in the end though, good luck on the pentax.

Memory cards can be got fairly cheap now anyhow so it shouldn't be a big deal if it's not included. odder i find is that so many are offering body only, you'd expect at least the kit lens for the prices they're asking.

I'm going from a bridge too-Panny FZ28. Very nice camera.
    The only 1bad thing with the Pentax is a primer (35/50mm) is expensive but once I splashout on one Ive a set to do me for a good while as far as I see (18-55, 55-300 and 35/55mm fixed).

• Advertisement

Similar enough to my Fuji s1000fd really, only yours is more up to date. I've done alright with my old cam, I've learned all the basics of manual controls on it just from playing around and reading tips here and there on flickr. I have never used any of the auto-modes on it. I feel I've out-grown it now though, time to move up.

Entry level dslr is the best logical move for now.

What attracted me to the sony was not just the fact they go for a lot cheaper than the likes of a D80 or even D60 [and in direct comparisons on the likes of snap sort and whatdigitalcamer it's more than a match for them] but the inclusion of a 50mm prime with this one, plus I've seen tonnes of great images from this particular model. It's better [by all accounts] than the newer replacement [A230]

New journey for us :) Look forward to seeing what you do with the pentax - i had looked at a few pentax models, I fancied a K10D at one point but the guy got a better offer and sold it [wasn't on adverts, was on GT where anything goes] was raging at the time and stopped searching for a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 siola

CabanSail wrote: »
    Generally a sale does not include a Memory Card, unless specified.

Does not when the camera is new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

Sin a bhfuil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

reminds me of when i was agonising over my first purchase, I came here and got an overload of information, and, yes it can be very confusing ok!
    I was leaning towards one brand but actually went to another.
    The Canon EOS 350 D had come on the scene and nailed it for me - since then i've been locked into the Canon system - they're damn cleverish about their marketing!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

If you were buying a film camera, would you assume you get a roll of film??

I certainly would never assume a memory card comes with a camera, and I'd never sell a camera with a memory card. My cards are mine.

Actually, back in the day when everyone used film you did indeed get a free roll of film with most cameras. I remember never having to buy a roll as the place I used to have develop my rolls would give me the free roll when I left it in, rather than when they were finished [used to take 3 days] - because I knew the owner.

Most used cameras sell with some form of memory card, but they would say so in the description, just like kit lenses,. if it's not mentioned, you aint getting it.

Biggest problem I find on the used market is how sluggish the sellers are. it's as if they don't really want to let go. Even when they've agreed on your offer they take an age and a half to get back to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

dinneenp wrote: »
    It's not a deal breaker for me, Im selling two and just wondering.

Welcome to the Pentax club. We're small in number but always happy with our cameras.

I would have been in there too, only got gazzumped on a K10D :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I would have been in there too, only got gazzumped on a K10D :(

Sorry to hear that, the K10 is a lovely camera.

Sorry to hear that, the K10 is a lovely camera.

yeah, I was actually raging. Had been talking to a K10D user on flickr, his shots are great and he had high praise for the cam. It was a bit of a bargain too with a couple of lenses and filters :(

Oh well, I have cash on me now and trying to get sellers to bite for offers and it's a tough world in there! I have the cash ready and have struck a deal for a sony A200 plus 2 lenses [the one the OP had initially gone for] now I'm getting similar to him/her, not getting responses. Do these people actually want our money or what??

• Advertisement
Advertisement