If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Tv Which one???

Options
  • 19-03-2010 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

Hi
    Have done business with you before and was more than pleased. This time i have in laws with about 800-900euro to spend on one of your Philips Tv's.
    Could you please pick one for me and quote delivery to Donegal as well.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi there Jod1983

Well lets see.
    I'll give you a choice of two screen sizes to start with.

First up, in the 32" screen size, is the range topping 32PFL9604H LCD TV
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/32pfl9604h_12_pss_eng.pdf

This TV has just been reduced from €999.99 to €899.99 but you can have after your 10% Philips Shop Boardies Discount for only €809.99

This TV sits at the top of the tree as far as our 32" screen sizes go and has all the goodies you'd expect form a flag ship TV at the moment.
    100Hz refrtesh rate
    2ms response time
    80000:1 contrast
    Perfect Pixel HD image processing
    wireless NET TV
    5x HDMI connections (and plenty of analogue connections)
    MPEG4 tuner
    Ambilight
    plus loads more - as you'll see from the spec's

Next is very much a Boardies favourite, the 42PFL8404
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/42pfl8404h_12_pss_eng.pdf

This TV can be your's, well your in laws...for €899.99 after you deduct your 10% Philips Shop Boardies Discount from the regular shop price of €999.99.
    Again as you'll see from the spec its a pretty fully featured Tv and is positioned just below the 9 series range.

This TV has very much been the star of the range.
    It has NET TV (wired this time) and is a 100Hz set.

We also have the 42PFL7404 which doesnt have Ambilight or NET TV facility but is identical to the 8404 as far as image and sound quality go - this TV is yours for €764.99 after your discount has been applied to our regular price of €849.99

We have all of these TV 's in stock and are happy to send to donegal for €29.99

If your in laws have any particular features they'd like in their new TV (or a particular screen size) just let me know and I'll point you in the right direction.

Cheers
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

I can recommend the Philips 42inch 7404 LCD tv that I bought as a present for my parents six weeks ago. Great picture and sound.

However I have to admit that I'm more than a bit sick at seeing the price Ash quoted you as I paid 829 euro for mine and that was a "discounted price" at the time :(.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

I can recommend the Philips 42inch 7404 LCD tv that I bought as a present for my parents six weeks ago. Great picture and sound.

However I have to admit that I'm more than a bit sick at seeing the price Ash quoted you as I paid 829 euro for mine and that was a "discounted price" at the time :(.

Jod & Dave,

Thanks for the posts (& Ash for the replies!)

I see the Sunday Times gave the 37PFL9704 a best buy yesterday - so again it comes out top of the pile (Ok so they did say it was expensive!)..

Dave - Thanks a million for the positive recommendation and apologies for the pricing :o unfortunately (very unfortunately actually) our kit rarely goes up in price and I have a philosophy of passing on any available discounts straight to the Customer as soon as they become available.

How's the rest of the Kit going Dave?

Jod - keep us posted if we can assist in any way!

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.