Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photobox Delivery time for a photobook?

• 19-03-2010 9:57pm

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has ordered a photobook of photobox before and if so, could they tell me how long it takes?

Took me about 5 days to get 100 6x4.5" photos off them, which seemed grand, but I'm just unsure if a photobook will take longer because it's a bit more elaborate than a bunch of prints?

Cheers to anyone with any info :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

About a week and a half usually.

Cheers daycent. :)

Sorry to bump this, but just wondering if anyone could help out with a question I have.

Has anyone here ever bought a photobook off photobox?

I'm making one at the moment (first one). I've done a few full page photos (one image that takes up a full page) and Im a little concerned. The photos look a little blurry or something. Not very detailed.

Is this just as a preview on the site, or will the end result be the same? On my PC the photos, when full sized, are much larger than the photobook I'm creating, and don't lose quality.

Also, you know the way photobox uses a smiley face to indicate the quality of the image? The images are all a green smile, so I don't think they're losing quality. :confused:

It'd have to be just the preview, yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Since this is here and rather than making another thread, anyone know of anywhere in Dublin that does photobook printing within a few days???

I went to Harvey Normans today, coupled with kids and the amount of time it takes to actually do the thing on the machine it just didnt happen. I was quite disappointed to see that they didnt print edge to edge. I heard someone mention a place in maynooth before but that was a long time ago so if anyone knows anywhere please say, I need this for Friday but not at an extortinate price, willing to pay up to around €40/50 for 20 -30 pages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

I ordered a photobook on Jan 13, received it Feb 2. Cost about eu60
    Binding, paper quality was great but prints were very poor.
    I emailed them & their support people responded within a day, asked me to photograph the prints in the book, which I did. They went silent for a couple of days then emailed me to tell me they would print a new one, which I finally received on Feb 20.

The 2nd one was great.

After all that.....
    - They are a little expensive but their material quality is worth it if you want to create a gift or a luxury book.
    - Their support are responsive
    - Service good
    - Delivery is a bit slow.

Hope that helps,
    FoxT

• Advertisement
Advertisement