Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stoke Away-Match Thread

Options
  • 19-03-2010 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

Big test for us. Plenty of aerial battles to be had. Maybe Kaboul will figure for his size and stature, and crouch for that matter.
    3 points would be huge, although in all honesty a point would be a decent result.

COYS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

This'll be very difficult. I reckon 1-1. It would be sickening to drop 12 points to Stoke and Wolves. :o

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

must win.
    with city utd ARSEnal and celsea to come we must beat the likes of stoke

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭RingoSpur

1-1 I reckon. Can't see us gettin the win up there. Hope I'm proved wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

is the game on the box chaps? or is it setanta 1? dont think the local will be showing it with the rugger on :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

not on tv. maybe online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

try here
    http://myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=68428&part=sports

It's on Setanta 1 if you have it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Is on Setanta 1

i think we will win 0-1.

I hope your right mickman it's a real mental battle as well as a physical one at stoke they have fantasic fans 0-1 would set up the weekend nicely

bale to put in a low cross early in second half and crouch to turn it in!!

• Advertisement

mickman wrote: »
    bale to put in a low cross early in second half and crouch to turn it in!!
    Crouch to hit it off the keeper and pav to get the rebound;)

Jermain Defoe leads the latest influx of players onto our injury list ahead of Saturday's Barclays Premier League trip to Stoke City.
    The striker tore a hamstring in training this week and will not feature at the Britannia Stadium.
    Youngsters Danny Rose and Kyle Walker are also ruled out with knee and wrist trouble respectively.
    The trio join Aaron Lennon, Ledley King, Tom Huddlestone, Jermaine Jenas, Jonathan Woodgate and Carlo Cudicini on the injury list, while David Bentley is doubtful for the game due to illness.
    Manager Harry Redknapp admitted in Friday's pre-match press conference that the absences leave him a little short in certain areas.
    He said: "Jermain tore a hamstring yesterday. It's a Grade 2 tear so it will certainly keep him out for a few weeks.
    "Kyle fractured his wrist in the practice game against West Ham on Tuesday so he's going into plaster and Danny damaged his knee ligaments in training yesterday also.
    "So we're struggling a little bit because David went down with a virus this morning and neither JJ or Tom are fit yet.
    "We've run into a bad spell of injuries. I've got Peter Crouch, Roman Pavlyuchenko and Eidur Gudjohnsen to cover up front but it's other areas where we are just a little bit short at the moment, especially in midfield."
    On Lennon's progress from the groin injury that has kept him sidelined since the turn of the year, Harry added: "I'm not sure how long it will take with Aaron.
    "He's raring to go and get back out there, so we are hoping he will get out on the grass and do some running again at some point next week.
    "The boy is desperate to play and we're desperate to get him back - but he's still a way off yet. We'll just keep taking it day-by-day and week-by-week with him."

defoe has said this morning he will be back in 10 days. after the pompey match

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

I think we will nick it. We're a better team.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Hard to see a big win,

I'm going for 2-1 win. Pav with both

god sake, here we go again.he drops palacious and plays kaboul. he is putting wednesday night ahead of the league again. instead of getting the intentional yellow today and playing in a must win game, he drops him so he can play fa cup and potentially miss major games in april

mickman wrote: »
    god sake, here we go again.he drops palacious and plays kaboul. he is putting wednesday night ahead of the league again. instead of getting the intentional yellow today and playing in a must win game, he drops him so he can play fa cup and potentially miss major games in april

Yupp obvious where his priorities lie now

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

Villa 2 - 2 Wolves FT

- Gomes;
    Corluka, Dawson, Bassong, Assou-Ekotto;
    Kranjcar, Kaboul, Modric, Bale;
    Crouch, Pavlyuchenko.
    SUBS - Alnwick, Dervite, Livermore, Parrett, Palacios, Townsend, Gudjohnsen.

Christ:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Spurs fans sound fantastic on BBC Radio London.

• Advertisement

Spurs fans sound fantastic on BBC Radio London.
    Nice to have u back you went missing for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Not the strongest bench around, is it :S

This is streaming on YES sopcast channel just in case anyone was having the same problem I had finding an English stream.

I think Pav and Crouch is a better partnership than Defoe and Crouch at least.

Nice to have u back you went missing for a while

Cheers, was away on business for a few weeks, treating myself to a lazy day of sport.

Kold wrote: »
    Not the strongest bench around, is it :S

This is streaming on YES sopcast channel just in case anyone was having the same problem I had finding an English stream.

I think Pav and Crouch is a better partnership than Defoe and Crouch at least.

were you not watching the fulham game when crouch started up front with pav. they were woeful together

Stoke really are a bunch of filthy fúckers, Modric lucky to not have his leg planted there or he might have been stretchered off there.

:mad:

Pav off injured gudjohnsen on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

any idea how bad the injury is? or what kind of injury it is?
    tried 4 different pubs and they all had the rugby on:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

These are a dirty bunch of f*ckers :/

I imagine Joe jordan is going to be on to the ref about fouls on bale and modric.

• Advertisement

Bale is once again looking our main threat, hope we get in a bit more in the second half

Advertisement