Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who'd give a better reference do you think.

• 19-03-2010 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

I need 2 academic references for an MSc.

I've gotten 1, need 1 more.

Problem: I'm planning to do a course on evolutionary psychology (EP), and the lecturer I was about to contact is a cultural theory-espousing, Freud-loving, Marxist, postmodernist. But she's great. She also seems to have really liked me, and probably would give me a very good reference. But to her "genetics" or "evolutionary psychology" is probably equivalent to nazi genocide.

There's another lecturer, who I had for one year, who probably barely remembers who the fuk I am, but he's very up to date on EP and all that, and he co-graded my final year thesis (which was on the topic of EP). He might be able to provide a more subject-relevent reference.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

In my experience, the reference doesn't need to be subject specific. I'm doing an MSc in Information and Library Studies and one of my references was from my Medieval History lecturer.

Go with the lecturer that you think will give you the best reference in terms of how you did in your degree, your work ethic, attendance, etc.

Advertisement